It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H5 bird flu found in dead swan in the uk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain has found bird flu in a dead swan in Scotland, the government said on Wednesday.

Preliminary tests have confirmed a case of the H5 strain of the virus, the Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs said in a statement.

More tests for the deadly H5N1 strain are under way and the results should be announced on Thursday.

wanadoo

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
yep just watched it on bbc news. wonder what will come of it??

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well i live in the UK so i will be watching with interest. COBRA the UK Government Emergency Committee whihc tackles natural disasters and acts of terrorism and other emergencies will meet tomorrow to discuss the next move. This was announced on BBC News 24 half an hour ago. I guess there will be people running around in bio suits tommorrow near Fife and spraying car wheels etc.

Really it was only a matter of when not if the bird flu hit the UK. I wonder when USA will get hit by bird flu??

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
i live just across the forth estuary. i wonder though that now we are entering spring, and soon be summer, when the flu virus is normally dormant. have we seen the end of the threat until next winter?

though i assume that all normal precautions will be taken.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
could this be just the test simulation ?

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Please discuss this in the preexisting thread, Britain's Contingency Plan vs. H5N1 Pandemic.

Thanks.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join