It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil.. That bad??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Searching the Internet for something similar I came across this link:
Click Here

Rumoured to bring good luck.. the site even shows spells, satanic?

What do you lot make of it?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Actually, the owner of the website of Lucky Mojo, Kathryn Ironwood is a good friend of mine. She is a wonderful person and one of the most brilliant and knowledgeable people I know. She is probably the foremost authority on Hoodoo, the only purely American branch of magick. Magick is not of itself satanic or evil. It all depends on how it's used.

Both Kathryn and her partner are very, very nice people. They love to do research on various topics, the history of the belief in the devil, being one. Anything factual that is on her site will be accurate, as she has thoroughly researched anything she writes about.

In this article, Kathryn is merely writing about the history of the devil in religion.

-Forestlady

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm in no way trying to make her or the sit eout to be bad. Leading on from my previous threads on magick I happened to come across this as part of my research. The one point I was trying to raise and I hoped others would catch on is the part about how this figure actually wasn't bad:

This devil -- known variously as Old Nick, Old Scratch, Old Split-Foot, and Der Teufel -- did not begin his career as the "Satan" (adversary) of Christianity and Judaism or the "Prince of Darkness" and "fallen angel"

I just basically wanted to state do you think the Devil may have been an old folk law tale or myth which has been passed on to generation to generation and has finally been given the arch rival to God title?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Oh, OK, I thought you might be asking if the website was satanic. So often we magickal practitioners are called satanic so I did my usual disclaimer comments on why we're not satanic

Kathryn has thoroughly researched the concept of satan so even though I havne't read that particular article, I can vouch for her accuracy, she's very scholarly. So you can believe everything she has written about.

Basically, the idea of satan came from (most recently) the old god, Pan (also known as Herne, the Horned God, Lord of the Forest) who looks like halfman/halfgoat with horns. Originally Pan symbolized positive male aspects, but in order to create fear in Pagans at that time, the Catholic church made him into satan, something no Pagan has ever believed in.
I will be happy to answer any questions, if I know the answer, that you may have.

-Forestlady

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
So is this God still worshipped today then I take it? Further down on the page candles can be bought to assist in spells.. the candle is shaped as the Devil but with flames around its torso rising (as if from Hell).. What is the theory behind this though? Fair enough I can understand the figure of Satan being burned but why show the flames? What are they there to represent?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
if you want to learn from people who don't think the devil is evil, there are other websites. joyofsatan.com..., for instance, is for spiritual satanism. i wouldn't join their communities unless you're okay with nazism, though, because that's what turned me off of 3 years of satanism. i have a problem with believing in a god with such idiotic worshippers.

their satan originally comes from Baal. they, too, have spells on that site. their basic idea about why satan wouldn't be evil is because devil worship was more prominent in the original pantheistic religions, before the good god started being worshipped. i know from actual historical research that this is because they feared that if they did not sacrifice more to the devil-god, they would be punished (bad crops, draught, what have you).

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Alot of Satanists are in it because they are protesting Christianity or other organized religion. But there are numerous sects of Satanism, they all believe different things.
Did you check out the lucky mojo site? They are not saying Satan is a bad thing. In fact, Kathryn and her partner know quite a bit about Satanism and have researched it for years. Theirs is the best website I know of to learn about true Satanism, not something that is propaganda against it.
Also Kathryn is not into Nazism.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well, the devil did lose to charlie daniels in a fiddle-off, so he can't be all that good.

new topics

top topics

join