It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NBC Sting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Think your source is unbiased? Think again. But it hardly matters now days anyways does it?

Surly the large networks like NBC only show the most accurate and unbiased news, right? Well apparently not only is their news biased, it’s outright racist. It sickens me that these agencies will sell their credibility for ratings. But unfortunately it’s much worse than that: They are using Arabic looking Muslims in the hopes of inciting racism in America. What does this have to do with terrorism? Ask NBC, they seem to think that the timing is “right” to test American anti Muslim sentiment due to the war on terror and 9/11. But instead of random Muslims coming to them with stories prompting a news piece, they are out to fabricate them on their own using carefully controlled and selected situations primed to incite maximum possibilities of racism. And of course the cameras will be right there to catch it…

But don’t take my word for it; take the word from NBC themselves:

This is an email from a producer at NBC to Muslim groups:

Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:05:54 -0800 (PST)
From: Subject: Looking for Muslim Males to participate in NBC Dateline Segment

[Forwarded]

Salam,

I hope everyone is doing well.

I have been talking with a producer of the NBC Dateline show and he is in the process of filming a piece on anti-Muslim and anti-Arab discrimination in the USA. They are looking for some Muslim male candidates for their show who would be willing to go to non-Muslim gatherings and see if they attract any discriminatory comments or actions while being filmed.

[Excerpt. Entire email available here]

Salam,

Tarek El-Messidi

I also want to note who the letter is from: Tarek El-Messidi. Why not from Scott Jones or Joe American?

There you have it: NBC will create the news if it cannot find it themselves. Care to trust NBC’s “insight” while watching news from Iraq? If they are willing to stack the deck in the USA to incite religious and racial hatred in stings against Americans, imagine the biased reporting abroad?

Id love to see the clips that don’t make the piece, all the edits that don’t depict their “point of view” or all the coaching or provocations that they don’t want us to see. I wonder if the Muslims they find will jump up and say “Allahu Akbar” when Jeff Gordon has a good lap.

Mod Edit: Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ**

[edit on 4/4/2006 by Majic]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Think your source is unbiased? Think again. But it hardly matters now days anyways does it?

Guy, you are using Michelle Malkin as your source.
Do you understand the hypocrisy of your statement?

[edit on 4-4-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Guy, you are using Michelle Malkin as your source.
Do you understand the hypocrisy of your statement?

#1 Its a real email, and thats what my post is about, souce is meaningless

#2 Whats wrong with Michelle Malkin? She is as credible as any source you have ever used

#3 Care to respond to the post? Or are you just another person with nothing to say?

#4 What hypocrisy? A source is a source.

Mod Edit: Please Don't Quote Entire Posts

[edit on 4/4/2006 by Majic]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Let's see what passes as truth for her:

Her book, which purports to defend the wartime treatment of Japanese Americans, did not go through peer review before publication. This work presents a version of history that is contradicted by several decades of scholarly research, including works by the official historian of the United States Army and an official U.S. government commission. In fact, the author's presentation of events is so distorted and historically inaccurate that, when challenged by reputable historians, she has herself conceded that her main thesis in incorrect, namely that the MAGIC intercepts of prewar Japanese diplomatic cable traffic, explain and justify the mass incarceration of Japanese Americans.

hnn.us...

Your source is as biased, nay, most likely, as lying as they come. Seeing as she writes entire books based on lies, I don't see why there is any reason to believe this e-mail arising from nowhere is true.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Dude everyone gets discriminated against. Heck I'm short, and women discriminate against me. At least those Muslim dudes are having sex.

Crap.....that sucks......

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I dont know what your background is Skippy
but it aint in news production... there is nothing unexpected in that paper...
that is how ANY news show would do it...

Personally, i was involved in production of a metaphysics?mysteries show, and saw all the BS that goes on behind the scene...

it is all about sound bites, and image...
they seem to be trying to test society based upon visual cues of Muslims, and discrimination...
they are spending big bucks, and trying to make a IMO valid point... of course they are going to "stack the deck"
they never tell you that they do, but you will also notice that they never tell you they DONT

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Your source is as biased, nay, most likely, as lying as they come. Seeing as she writes entire books based on lies, I don't see why there is any reason to believe this e-mail arising from nowhere is true.

Biased? Bad source? Well apparently she is dead on.

Other agencies now reporting this news:

AP: news.yahoo.com...

And as Irony would have it, MSNBC: msnbc.msn.com...

And of coruse NASCAR had some words about this as well: www.nascar.com...

So, let me get you straight: Michelle Malkin is a biased and innacurate news source, but the piece you are questioning me on is 100% dead on accurate and shows ABSOLUTE biased news reporting from one of the worlds premere sources?

You need to stand back and gather yourself up there mate. And you have yet to make one comment about the story itself. I love you guys who cannot refute the story but attack the source, even if the story is dead on accurate. Funny stuff.

[edit on 6-4-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
NBC is famous for making up news, as is CBS and ABC.

But then again so is the NYT, the LAT, the WT,,,,,,,,,,

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It isn't making up the news...
it is setting up a good shot... (in a way)

If you are testing the effects of discrimination on Muslims (which are usually only identified by look) you wouldn't want non muslim looking people to be your subjects... Duh

Where is the conspiracy? leaning the news, maybe... constructing it?
If you are doing a news photo shoot, you would aim the camera at the subject- yes?
same thing, but in a literary and visual sense...
BTW: happens all the time... and every news service does it when they are doing this kind of piece...

Unethical? -only to those that didn't realize that its business as usual...

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Michelle Malkin is an idiot. I've read some of her articles (enough to know not to read them) and she can't get her facts even remotely correct.
Not only that, but she is a knee jerk right wing conservative who insists on spewing the same old rhetoric that the conservatives have been saying since at least the 1960's, as far back as I can remember. She has not one new idea and loves to stir things up; I definitely would call her a hate mongerer, she really digs into Democrats in a vicious way. We don't need any more divisiveness in this country.
This is just another example of her stirring it up again and as usual, it's over nothing. Nowhere in this memo did NBC talk about "setting" anything up. Yes, there is plenty of anti-Muslim sentiment in the U.S., as there is in Europe as well. NBC probably figured if they went to the heart of red state country at NASCAR, they would find lots of prejudice against Muslims. Which is a little prejudiced on their part, no?
The memo also talks about 2 guys wearing turbans to NASCAR and the memo was apparently written by a Muslim...well, it's the Sikh's that wear turbans, not the Muslims, in fact, Sikh's and Muslims have been at war with each other for a long time, in fact right now, they're at war with each other in Iraq. One would think if this was a legitimate e-mail, that a Muslim guy would know that Muslims don't wear turbans, but that Sikhs do.

All mainstream media does this making news up kind of thing, NBC is no different than the others. That's why I don't watch news on TV, I get it from trusted, UNBIASED sources on the Internet and then I only believe maybe half of what I read.

There's no conspiracy here, it's just business as usual.

-Forestlady

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady

One would think if this was a legitimate e-mail, that a Muslim guy would know that Muslims don't wear turbans, but that Sikhs do.

-Forestlady

You may have just proven that it wasn't OBL that did 9-11...
the only video that admits it, has him wearing a very turban like headwrap...
maybe it was a fake video?
are you sure that only sikhs wear them?
do muslims wear something similar?

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
It isn't making up the news...
it is setting up a good shot... (in a way)

If you are testing the effects of discrimination on Muslims (which are usually only identified by look) you wouldn't want non muslim looking people to be your subjects... Duh

Agreed, but journalists aren't scientists, and they have no business testing the effects of anything.

Their jobs are to report the news, not invent the news.

You can't sit around and say, "hey, let's go see what would happen if we got a bunch of black guys together and had them pelt young, female, Latina factory workers with huge pieces of raw chicken from a hot air balloon,” and then go film it and start reporting the following as your breaking news: What’s Behind the Black Community’s Hatred of Latina Women? Local Chicken Pelters Voice Concerns About Job Loss to Immigrants. Tonight at 11.

That’s stupid. That’s irresponsible. And above all, that’s not reporting news, that’s making news. It’s yellow journalism and it is vulgar.

Where is the conspiracy? leaning the news, maybe... constructing it?
If you are doing a news photo shoot, you would aim the camera at the subject- yes?
same thing, but in a literary and visual sense...

Not the same thing at all. What would be the same is if that subject were given his/her statement by the “news” agency. It’s news if you film what’s happening, not if you make it happen.

BTW: happens all the time... and every news service does it when they are doing this kind of piece...

Unethical? -only to those that didn't realize that its business as usual...

That is utter garbage, and you know it. It doesn’t matter if it “happens all the time.” It’s still not news, it’s still vulgar, and it’s still good to keep it in mind when watching or reading the MSM. Furthermore, your assertion suggests that something is only unethical to those who don’t realize what’s going on. That’s like saying that now that everybody knows what’s happening with Tom DeLay, his actions are no longer unethical.

Ridiculous.

And dangerous.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
So when a reporter goes in to a police station and asks to file a complaint, and gets harrassed on camera by cops trying to insulate themselves from public criticism, it's a 'made up story' by your reckoning?

This is a perfectly legitimate journalistic investigation, and you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. They want to set up a situation and observe reactions to draw conclusions about the feelings of the general populace towards muslim males. Perfectly legitimate investigation, reporters have done this to the DMV, the cops, army recruiters, industry, you name it.

I think their excercise is pretty pointless, and will have predictable results, but saying that NBC has no credibility and that they're making up stories, when actually all they're doing is research for stories, is a pretty shifty thing to do.

FOX just recently went to court to protect its right to lie to viewers! Do you remember that?

[edit on 6-4-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
On the subject of NBC's credability I only have two things to say.
1. Model Rocket Engines
2. GM trucks

Explaination follows.

Explaination

join