It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparition In The Carpark : Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I guess some of you probably might have seen this video before so please bear with me. This video footage taken by a security camera shows a view of an enclosed carpark somewhere in Japan. While looking through the monitor, something mysterious was caught.

Video Link

It looks like those lady ghosts(Banshee) you see in Japanese horror movies. Moving slowly behind the front of the car and vanishing upon reaching the end of the car.

From my perspective, it looks like a shadow from the car but I don't see any light reflecting from the car. Eventhough the black colour of the car do absorb the light from any source, the windshield, front lights and plate should at least gleamer right? Strange. On the other hand, I don't think it's camera distortion or compression problem because in the link you can read that is was originally in a tape and they compressed it into AVI but they still see it.

What's your verdict on this?

I think this are those rare videos where we really did capture these supernatural entities.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Like a lot of the ghost vids how can we really know if they are real or not? There is always video editing and special efx to consider. If you like ghost vids check out the collection I've been putting together here:

Ghost Video Clips

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It is a shame so many people feel the need to fake pictures and videos of ghost. It really hinders any serious investigation. I do a little ghost hunting now nad then and have got a picture I really like that I took at a house that has a history of being haunted, but with all the fakes out there I don't like the idea of posting it and falling into the same category as these others.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
That was pretty good. Good enough that I'd say it can't be immediately debunked, however it's not definitive in any way.

The camera seems to shake a bit just before it disappears. Hmmm

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nova
The camera seems to shake a bit just before it disappears. Hmmm

I was thinking the same too. I thought it could be some kind of dirt or dust slowly sliding off the camera lens and when it shakes, it automatically drops off and hence, the supposed apparition "disappear". Who knows but the fact that it seemed to be moving behind the car just makes me dumbfounded.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
dosent look like a ghost to me . however m its more important to trust your intuition ..

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   
It looks like someones shadow to me. You cant see the person because of the pillar that is blocking it. The ghost dosnt "vanish" its just the shadow moving along the wall untill no light is around the person to cast the image.

[edit on 4-4-2006 by TravisT]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TravisT
You cant see the person because of the pillar that is blocking it. The ghost dosnt "vanish" its just the shadow moving along the wall untill no light is around the person to cast the image.

It may have been a shadow like you said but I don't think it could be the shadow of a person walking by near the car. The reason is because shadows don't appear and disappear abruptly and suddenly. They sort of increase is mass and density gradually as the object moves away or near the light source. Unless of course if you're moving very very fast that your shadow somewhat appear out of nowhere which is impossible.

Oh yeah, just so you know, the carpark is well lit and wherever you are as long as there's a light source, there's bound to be shadows somewhere.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
This has me thinking of the other video that came out around the same time regarding the 'salvage yard ghost'.

The film was a security camera that picked up an anomaly floating around the cars parked in the storage area. The story widened when it was purposed that the car beneath the apparition was that of a recent car fatality.

As believable as it appeared ( to me anyways ), I believe it was debunked by someone somewhere. If anyone has heard of it being debunked, toss me a bone.

Will try to find the link and post it.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It looks like the video is in reverse also or the figure is walking backwards.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
the apparition does seem to be walking backwards and then suddenly disappears.

however if the video is in reverse, then it's only a woman getting out of the car and walking away.

not sure which, but when it comes to ghost sightings like this, I prefer to know the background of the place. You know like why would the ghost be walking in a parking garage? what was there before there was a garage, Have the security guards had any other strange experiences, etc. etc....

without the above info and any real details it's nearly impossible to decide what could be a fake or what is the real thing.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The following the link I mentioned.

www.kfor.com...

I couldn't get it too work (was taking too long to upload, no patience)
But maybe someone else here that hasn't already seen it can take a shot at it.

Like I said earlier, it was and still is very believeable to me, but as I mentioned I think someone was able to debunk it.

Would like info if anyone has it

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thats kinda neat how they minipulated the film, im not a believer on that film piece, but i do believe .

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Here's just an update, an update which contradicts the earlier report on how the apparition was captured. I don't know whether either of them is true as written in their sources. The new source which I've just uncovered said that a group of paranormal enthusiasts from Japan was doing a research on the place. The reason is because the place was rumoured to be haunted and stuff.

a few people reported that they have seen a lady ghost dressed in white walking at the carpark during midnight. Some of them even reported that the lady figure will then dissappear into thin air.

During the ghost hunting process, they have waited for 2 days and nothing abnormal found except sometime there were mist capture in their cameras. However on the third day, strange thing happened. 2 of the team member felt someone touching their body (head, arm, cheek, hair, etc) during their rest time. The team leader then turned the camera pointing at their position but nothing was captured. Then he rewind back to a few hours earlier and there they saw a lady ghost walking past the car (in fact it is not walking but floating).

Source
(Scroll to somewhere in the middle)

One said it's an accidental event and captured by the Security Guard while the other said a group of paranormal enthusiasts did some surveillance there and captured something when they reviewed the tape. Which is true?

This is what I don't like when a supernatural event occured. The true report of what really happened gets exaggerated as they pass on from one person to the other. The fact usually get distorted through the process.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
the apparition does seem to be walking backwards and then suddenly disappears.

however if the video is in reverse, then it's only a woman getting out of the car and walking away.

Could be right but I don't think any normal woman could suddenly vanish into thin air right? However, I do think some tempering could be done to the video because usual security cameras would at least have the timeline or date embedded into the video.

By the way, since it's an enclose place and very little human activity, it's a perfect place for hoax!

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
There is something there for sure....can see the movement, however, it is quite interesting to note that she went behind the car...and just when you thought you could see a bit more it gets cut off....it would be interesting to get the full tape, to notice the movement...

There could be a possibility of the tape being blurred....but i think to shade some more light, some more information is necessary to claim it to be a legitimate ghost photage.....

new topics

top topics

join