It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hermit crabs stressed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I ve got a queastion about hermit crabs ive got 4 a wittle one, a little one, a medium one and a big one. ok the medium one molted acouple days ago, around 12. and 4 days ago i put the crab back with the others and it was fine for 2 days until i think big mama the big one pincked and cracked yellow bells the medims big claw...now this morning yello bells big claw was ...to put it simply it was not atached and this evening hermez the little one one of his legs fell off...so im geussing that sence ive got yellow bell in a bowl in the same cage and sence hermit crabs a social animals yellow bell stressed hermez and he droped a leg...is there any thing i can do to help?

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   

You have voted Wings for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Outstanding -

That could be the most bizarre post I have ever read, and around here that is saying a lot. Right on

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
we got aliens, llumanti, government plots, abductions, 9-11/7-7 conspiracies, and now HERMIT CRABS. wow, that has to be the definition of diversity.

i've seen it all on ATS now.

oh, and it won't hurt the hermit crabs to be in seperate tanks and it'll take care of the big crabs stressing the little crab problem. can't believe i admitted to knowing that piece of here-to-fore useless information. hope it helps.:shk::shk:
if i hade a WATS left this month, you'd get it just for origionality.

[edit on 30-3-2006 by DirtyBoots]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I heard that Hermit crabs don't like each other and when one molts it is vunerable to an attack by rival crabs.

Google "hermit crab care sheet" and you might find some good info on the subject

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hermit crabs are not always nice to each other but they like friends or they get depressed... and they do. Hermez was my first crab and he was all bu his self so i got him 3 friends and he because more active and would acully move and not just eat and sleep...
I can't believe ppl. though that was "bizarre" a like weird but "bizarre" is a little strong...although i do see that it could be so simple or ...well not normal... but that could make it "bizarre" i geuss...

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Oh wings I'm so glad theres another hermit enthusiast on this board. I have 12. So how long did you wait after he was done molting till you put him back? Usually I wait untill there out of hiding and climbing and back to normal before I put them back into the main crabitat. also, how do you have the food set up? I put out a few dishes spaced out around the crabitat, with diferent hiding places spaced out as well. Lastley, how big is your crabitat? The generall rule of thum I go by is 5 gallons per crab. They are social creatures, but they need there space. Hope that helps!! U2U me with any Q's!!

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
Outstanding -

That could be the most bizarre post I have ever read, and around here that is saying a lot. Right on

definitely man...

wow...

anyway, i once had two hermit crabs and once they shed (shedded?) their skin, i was so grossed out i couldn't eat certain foods...

i hope that wasn't too bizarre...

i was only a kid :shk:

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Lol out of everything posted on this site this is the bizarre one.
aye, us crabbers are strange, the lot of us, but they are just so darn cute!!

I forgot to post this earlier, www.hermitcrabassociation.com...

I love this site! I am not a member but I frequent it and it answere all my questions!

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
What type of crabs you got? P.P.?
p.s, i sent you and u2u lol

new topics

top topics

join