It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need a copyright notice for my website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Something along the lines The information on this website can not be used by anyone without my permision anywhere for money or plagarism or anything similar trali wali ...

Anyone?

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Is it really Copyrighted? And is your website oprational now, without Copyright? *imo - If yes, it is possibly considered public domain, but I'm not a Copyright lawyer.*

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I know this is going to sound ironic, but just copy it!

Its pretty standard stuff, find a nice generic one and add it to each page of your site. Feel free to add anything that is specific to your site. But otherwise they are pretty generic.

And yes, any original content is copyrighted. All you need to do is be able to show record that you were using it first (if contested).

For example I sell T Shirts online at a site (free plug: www.sillymonkeez.com), when we looked at protecting our ideas and designs, it was explained to us all you need to be able to do is prove you used it first. For me it would be transaction numbers and details like charge drafts, etc.

But there is nothing at all stopping you from "modeling" your copyright info after somebody else's.

[edit on 30-3-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Just backing skippy up. As soon as content is written to paper, recorded to tape, or posted on webpages, it is considered to be copyrighted. As long as it can be reasonably proven that the material was recorded on a specific date.

NC

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
poor mans copyright:

write all your ideas down on paper, sign the papers... and mail them to yourself in a dated envelope.

If anything ever comes up down the road... and you have to prove it was your idea, have a judge open it in court.

done and done.

edited for spelling.

[edit on 30-3-2006 by fattyp]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Well, there you go Freeman! I did'nt know all that!

Nevermind my last post here! I'm never too old to learn something new!!

Thanks, guys (and gals?).....

[edit on 3/31/2006 by Mechanic 32]

new topics

top topics

join