It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to start large scale war games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
www.iranfocus.com...

OK, it's Iranfocus....I know......not the best source.....etc etc

But still, this could be worth keeping an eye on - there's a very real possibility something could happen to trigger a series of events. One thing is for sure - US/Israel intel will be keeping a close eye on this!

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Countries carry out war games all the time. Nothing happenning here, just staying sharp "in case". Anyone ever see the source of this story before? Is it reputable?

[edit on 29-3-2006 by sensfan]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Come on Iran!!! Don´t let them do you without a fight.(Iraq)

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/31/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Come on Iran!!! Don´t let them do you without a fight.(Iraq)

dam i was going to say that lol

if it does come down to it Iran wont be like Iraq a diplited country that even a third world country could bomb the hell out of

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
If this source is true about Iran conducting military manuvers, it is quite clear that they are preparing for an attack. Iran has firmly stated that it will not stop its enrichment program..period! The Iranian government just laughed at the UN proposal to comply within 30 days. Now this? Well i live miles away from the largest navy base in the world, and the Hampton Roads community in Virginia is saturated with the military. This is old news now but the US has beat Iran in announcing Monday that it will be conducting military exercises of its own...quite uncharacteristicly for that matter.

home.hamptonroads.com...

Also the announcement of bomb testing near Las Vegas...

Wave the smell of OPEC's second largest oil exporter in Bush's face and he's druling as a dog would a ribeye. Military action is now inevitable i fear. With Russia and China (amongst others) stongly against military action or even sanctions for that matter, i believe a US attack might bring war like scenarios to her doorstep. This current Iranian issue is no joke. If the Bush administration is crazy enough to stage 911, their motives in this situation could be devastating. Time will tell.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I would laugh at the UN if they drafted a resolution telling me to clean my room(or anything else for that matter). Thats exactly how toothless they are. I dont blame Iran one bit for laughing at them because lets face it, its just too easy. Anyhow, Iran wants to run war games, I say good for them. If the crap hits the fan they wont be enjoying their toys very long anyhow, let em have their fun. I dont mean to sound like I'm bashing Iran, I'm just being as real as I possibly can. The truth hurts sometimes.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
What do you mean Its to easy? ludaChris

Do you mean that war is the only option?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
ludachris if US can destroy Irans military very easy than why dont they do it?, they could of done it in 2004 but backed out.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I don't know if it's just me but im getting quite sick of seeing many threads surrounding this future 'Iran war' (and i don't mean im getting at any thread writers bringing it to our attention!). It's just every other day Iran has done something new and helping build up to 'WW3', I just don't believe any of it. This whole nuclear risk is rubbish because any possible strike Iran would do would just see them wiped off this planet.. and any military strikes against Israel or any Western country I'm sure Iran would again be wiped off this map. Nuclear weapons are just a big no-no, unless you want the rest of this already fragile planet to be destroyed, you'd have to be mad to use them.

Somehow 'Comical' Ali springs to mind 'everything is ok, we will strike them down' when in reality they have no chance! Just my view though!!

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Oh and Mehran, most of these 'Iran vs USA threads' are you trying to make some feasable excuse about how you will defeat America.. why don't you just drop it. Nobody is scared of Iran as Iran probably isn't scared of the USA. Fair point. Peaople like you only cause aggression by being blinded by the truth. Please stop turning this into some kind of competition about who's the best.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
I don't know if it's just me but im getting quite sick of seeing many threads surrounding this future 'Iran war' (and i don't mean im getting at any thread writers bringing it to our attention!). It's just every other day Iran has done something new and helping build up to 'WW3', I just don't believe any of it. This whole nuclear risk is rubbish because any possible strike Iran would do would just see them wiped off this planet.. and any military strikes against Israel or any Western country I'm sure Iran would again be wiped off this map. Nuclear weapons are just a big no-no, unless you want the rest of this already fragile planet to be destroyed, you'd have to be mad to use them.

Somehow 'Comical' Ali springs to mind 'everything is ok, we will strike them down' when in reality they have no chance! Just my view though!!

Thanks for clearing that up Knight. Remember when the soviet union were alot worser than us and threatened to use nukes against the US but they didnt it was just talk?. Even North korea done the same but they were doing the same as soviet union was. I do believe we already have nuclear bombs and we havent even used any of them. We got 12 nuclear cruise missiles from Ukraine and got alot more from north korea yet we havent used any bit of them, you deserve this.

You have voted Knights for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Thank you
but i really didn't deserve it.. just see too much hostile West vs East talk and it is soo annoying. I'm sure Iran has no intention of starting war as America probably doesn't either. Any war will cause much more death and destruction on both sides and I really don't see the point to prove which nation is the strongest. If Iran is obtaining or does have nuclear weapons I really dont think they would use them against any nation. It would just be mad and self destructive for anyone. Iran possibly wants some security from what it see's as hostile nations maybe?

If any of the people who keep gunning at each other had to actually fight themselves instead of sit behind a computer i'm sure it'd be a different story!!

[edit on 31-3-2006 by Knights]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
Thank you
but i really didn't deserve it.. just see too much hostile West vs East talk and it is soo annoying. I'm sure Iran has no intention of starting war as America probably doesn't either. Any war will cause much more death and destruction on both sides and I really don't see the point to prove which nation is the strongest. If Iran is obtaining or does have nuclear weapons I really dont think they would use them against any nation. It would just be mad and self destructive for anyone. Iran possibly wants some security from what it see's as hostile nations maybe?

If any of the people who keep gunning at each other had to actually fight themselves instead of sit behind a computer i'm sure it'd be a different story!!

[edit on 31-3-2006 by Knights]

The reason why i gaved it to you is because you have a better understanding and you know very well that a war between the two countrys doesnt even benefit from one another or it doesnt make things better. What i also find funny is that some members here on ATS want a war with iran or an air strike but at the same time they always say i hope the war in Iraq is over soon or lets hope the troops down there come back early or wish the safety fro their troops. An air strike on Iran or war is so horrible that words cant even explain it. I mean, imagine if there is an air strike and if it did work out imagine what the aftermatch of that would be?. Ahmadenejad doesnt even have any control over the army or the nuclear program and i have been trying to say that to some people here but they ignore me and continue the path of the propoganda way.

[edit on 31-3-2006 by Mehran]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Exactly, I agree completely with you. You can see the war as a whole.. not just from your own countries view (something which many people do not even consider!). The whole point is not seeing sides as such but actually seeing war for what it really is and what is gained from war.. nothing but bloodshed.

If my country was invaded I'm sure we would resist the invaders as much as possible because it is just natural human nature. I think if USA did 'win' a war with Iran i'm sure there would just be fighting in the streets, house to house combat, I mean look at Iraq the war is far from over and Iran is a better equipped military country.

Many posts (like you say) are basically taking an ignorant viewpoint against Iran and almost agreeing from a war point of view, many i'm sure do not even know what they will be fighting for.. if anything!!

top topics

join