It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Painless Death Penalty?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I am not an advocate of capital punishment, even though at times I am in between on specific cases. My question is this, what does every one else think about ways to assure that a condemned person could be executed painlessly, in view of all the controversy about lethal injections being cruel and unusual. I know that some people will reply with things like just kill them they deserve it, and I understand that, but Im just wondering what other means of execution could possibly be painless and meet the courts standards?

[edit on 28-3-2006 by tracer]

Are the means used at the present time in lethal injections painless or do they cause the condemned to suffer as many are presently arguing in the courts?

[edit on 28-3-2006 by tracer]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracer
Are the means used at the present time in lethal injections painless or do they cause the condemned to suffer as many are presently arguing in the courts?

To me, tracer, what you mention and ask is a matter of apples and oranges.
Why?
Because to those who oppose capital punishment and/or the death penalty, the issue is not a humane death nor a painless death. It is the fact that there is any type capital punishment that decrees death; simply, the bottom line is that there is a death sentence that puts people to death, period.

As for what you ask, all current methods, including lethal injection have been and are argued to be inhumane and cause pain: here.

Personally, use a stronger anesthetic and then raise the dosage of that anesthetic given, to the point of death--and skip the lethal injection.

Opps, but the issue still remains, cause then it moves from being painful and inhumane to simply giving a death sentence as being inhumane. Still a matter of "damned if you do, damned if you don't."

seekerof

[edit on 28-3-2006 by Seekerof]

new topics

join