It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riddle Me This (see who can figure this one out!) Test your brain power!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
"What word am I"

There is a common English word that is
nine letters long. Each time you remove
a letter from it, it still remains an
English word - from nine letters right
down to a single letter.

What is the original word, and what are
the words that it becomes after removing
one letter at a time?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Put on your thinking caps ATS'rs. Let's see who the resident smartypants is around here. This is a tough one! First one to guess right will hold the title of "ATS Know-it-all AND will get to post the NEXT riddle. Good luck!!

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
well it has to start with an A or an I because those are the only two single letters that have any many in the engilish language.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
lol I had someone send this to me.

McGuirk

j00 r wrong imo.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I will guess

STARTLING

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I think the riddle is worded poorly.
I never would have gotten it because I read the instructions wrong..

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
googleftw

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
The answer may startle you

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
for some reason, I thought you started with a nine-letter word and removed the LAST letter, to reveal an eight letter word and so on down to a one letter word.

:w:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
SAURON - YOU ARE THE JACKPOT WINNER!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND.

PERHAPS I SHOULD HAVE GONE WITH SOMETHING A BIT MORE CHALLENGING. LOTS OD SHARP MINDS HERE I SEE.

GOOD WORK - NOW SINCE YOU ARE THE ATS SMARTYPANTS - YOU WILL HAVE TO GIVE US THE NEXT RIDDLE. MAKE IT A GOOD ONE. AT LEAST ONE THAT WILL LAST LONGER THAN AN HOUR..LMAO. I WILL BE LOOKING FOR A NEW RIDDLE AS WELL THAT CAN'T BE FOUND ONLINE...SOMETHING MORE OBSCURE.

SO...THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT...SAURON....FIRE AWAY....AND AGAIN...CONGRATS...YOU ARE WINNER..HA HA HA..YOU ARE WINNER...HA HA HA.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
that made no sense... "s" is not a word

and your riddle says down to the last letter.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The base word is Startling - starting
- staring - string - sting - sing
- sin - in - I -

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
OK...since Sauron is now offline and most likely gone to beddy by...I will throw another one out there for you guys.

This one is a bit more involved shall we say...muahaha. Ok ATS'rs, put those thinking caps on and strap em tight, this one isn't for ameteurs!!

BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andy dislikes the catcher. Ed's sister is engaged to the second baseman. The center fielder is taller than the right fielder. Harry and the third baseman live in the same building. Paul and Allen each won $20 from the pitcher at pinochle. Ed and the outfielders play poker during their free time. The pitcher's wife is the third baseman's sister. The pitcher, catcher, and infielders except Allen, Harry, and Andy, are shorter than Sam. Paul, Andy, and the shortstop lost $50 each at the racetrack. Paul, Harry, Bill, and the catcher took a trouncing from the second baseman at pool. Sam is involved in a divorce suit. The catcher and the third baseman each have two children. Ed, Paul, Jerry, the right fielder, and the center fielder are bachelors. The others are married. The shortstop, the third baseman, and Bill each cleaned up $100 betting on the fight. One of the outfielders is either Mike or Andy. Jerry is taller than Bill. Mike is shorter than Bill. Each of them is heavier than the third baseman.

Using these facts, determine the names of the men playing the various positions on the baseball team.

I'll be waiting!!!! Try not to strain TOO hard!! muahahaha.....

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
ahhh i thought it u had to remove the letter from the END of the word.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Riddle me this ?

What is.....

Greater than God

More Evil than the devil

The Rich need it

The poor already have it

and if you eat it, you will die

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Sorry Sauron...thought you had gone to bed mate...good riddle. I will have to think for a bit. Cheers again to the first ever ATS smartypants SAURON

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Well...the only thing I can figure is that the answer would be nothing. What can be greater than God and more evil than the devil? Nothing could. Just a wild guess, but if that's not the answer then I have no clue!

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Riddle #2!!!! Crack this one if you can!!!!

Let's see if we can seperate the men from the boys (or girls) here..this one won't be so easy....good luck!!

Muhahahaha!!!!!..lol
Andy dislikes the catcher. Ed's sister is engaged to the second baseman. The center fielder is taller than the right fielder. Harry and the third baseman live in the same building. Paul and Allen each won $20 from the pitcher at pinochle. Ed and the outfielders play poker during their free time. The pitcher's wife is the third baseman's sister. The pitcher, catcher, and infielders except Allen, Harry, and Andy, are shorter than Sam. Paul, Andy, and the shortstop lost $50 each at the racetrack. Paul, Harry, Bill, and the catcher took a trouncing from the second baseman at pool. Sam is involved in a divorce suit. The catcher and the third baseman each have two children. Ed, Paul, Jerry, the right fielder, and the center fielder are bachelors. The others are married. The shortstop, the third baseman, and Bill each cleaned up $100 betting on the fight. One of the outfielders is either Mike or Andy. Jerry is taller than Bill. Mike is shorter than Bill. Each of them is heavier than the third baseman.

Using these facts, determine the names of the men playing the various positions on the baseball team.

top topics

join