It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A good Analogy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Life is like a large internet,
our brains are all the same computers....
but we all have different information and operating systems, therefore we all have different perceptions of the same things.

Does anyone wish to elaborate on that... I'll get back to it, if theres an interest.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yeah, and a lot of people I know are running on Windows - always crashing out!

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I often think of a humorous analogy that I discovered when reading about some beat poets back in the 50's. Sort of a Buddhist analogy that goes like this:

To the average person a rock is a rock, a tree is a tree, and a stream is a stream.

But to the seeker of higher consciousness and enlightenment a rock is a reminder of the timeless nature of the universe and the consciousness of the creator underpinning the entire universe,

a tree is a reflection of the image of god as an exterior sort of lung it is an external reflection of our internal selves and we in turn like the physical universe are an introspection of god,

a stream always coming, always going, is a model of the flow of time returning eventually to the sea evaporating to clouds and returning as rain and therefore like time while it appears to be linear in nature it is actually circular.

And to the enlightened ascended consciousness a rock is a rock, a tree is a tree, and a stream is a stream.

Heh.

new topics

join