It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My intro!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
My name is Rob, my username is my root last name from Ireland. Translate it and you'll find my modern last name.

Currently I'm in the USAF. I hold the rank of Staff Sergeant (E-5) and I've been in for seven years. I'm a ground radio craftsmen or a 3C171. I've lived on Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, Japan for four years and right now I'm stationed in the Azores. I have been here for almost two years. This January I'll be in Andrews AB, Maryland working with helicopters for a minimum of two years. Haven't been in the US for six years since my first duty assignment at Ft. Walton Beach. I was stationed at Hurlburt Field (AFSOC) Air Force Special Ops. I have also lived in San Antonio, TX for basic training and Biloxi, MS for technical school.

:Biography
I was born in Morristown, New Jersey. Lived the first four years of my life up there then moved to Titusville, Florida. I was raised in Florida up to the summer of my eighth grade year, then my family moved to England for three years (my dad was is a govt. contractor). Two years in Harrogate and one year in Ilkley, North Yorkshire. For summers we traveled in mainland Europe.

After that I moved back to Titusville, Florida and spent my 11th and 12th grade there. After I graduated I moved to Germany for two years with my parents (one year in Weisbaden and one in Augsburg) and did some college and more traveling. Then my family moved to Augusta, Georgia. They are still there, I only stayed for two years then joined the service.

I have two brothers, one older, one younger. My younger brother is an EMT in Augusta, Georgia and my older brother is an AT&T salesman in Orlando, Florida. My parents are still together. I'm married to my wife for 6 years so far. Her name is Magelyn, she is from the Philippines. I met her at Ft. Walton Beach. I have a dog named Sera and she is a German Shephard. Great dog indeed.

I'm into Irish culture, physical fitness (running & weights), histories (mostly US and European), first person shooters (BF 1942 mostly), the paranormal (ghosts), the outdoors (camping, hiking), traveling, music (Techno, Irish, Trance, Country, Classical), knowledge (you know Jeopardy type stuff), and religion (Catholicism). I have had many adventures in the short 28 years of my life and have seen a lot of cool and interesting things. I hope to have more and learn.

I think what drew me to this forum, and I have seen many of them, is the people and the quality of posts. Deny ignorance is a great way of thinking and I tend to uphold this here. I'm probably older than a lot of you but that shouldn't matter, I'm here to help any of you out, and pass on knowledge via the forum.

Catch you guys around.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Welcome to the board, i hope you enjoy your stay, its always nice to have a real member of the forces around to set us straight rather than those who think they know everything

Welcome nonetheless, please take your complimentary vaccine shot and de-programming kit

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well, thank you!

*takes shot*

oooooo it tickles!

Yea I'll keep and eye on so called "military experts" around here.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Rob

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Welcome to the boards! Hope you enjoy!

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
hey, more Irish people!! YAY

Seriously, i really dig the irish culture

You rock...and the airforce does too

Welcome to ATS

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
ALOHA ,AND WELCOME TO ABOVETOPSECRET

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
While I have enjoyed reading alot of your posts I would also like to say WELCOME and more importantly, THANK YOU for your service to our country!

I am a veteran of the U.S.C.G. my darn self... Wouldn't trade that experience for "all the tea in China"!

I got paid, albeit damn little, to dive all over the Pacific Ocean and toured Asia rather extensively as well...

All that aside, it was the team spirit and intense situational awareness of being at sea (there is NO "repair shop" or ANYWHERE to go out there if you screw up!) that I hold dearest in my heart and mind.

E-5 huh? That's GOOD man! We employ two active Reserve Marines in our company that were both in Desert Storm AND Afghanistan, the two of them had their full dress uniforms on yesterday for our company Thanksgiving "Feast" which requires a new, unwrapped "Toy for a Tot" to get into...

The Marines have been doing the "Toys for Tots" gig for years and as a company we decided to support it among other "seasonal charities" due to the tie in with the service (Marines in this case)...

I guess my beleagured point is YOU ARE APPRECIATED, RESPECTED and frankly LOVED for your personal sacrifice and dedication to your country my man! I pray you have the best Thanksgiving EVER!

PEACE...
m...

new topics

top topics

join