It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does GOD ever change his mind?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone else has pondered on this topic.

We all second-guess ourselves from time to time, some of us more than others. But, what about the all-knowing consciousness we call GOD? Does he ever wish he had done things differently? If so, what does that say about his almighty "all-knowing-ness"?

Does GOD experience regret the same way we do?

Does GOD learn from his mistakes like we do?

Does GOD ever go back to the drawing board to perfect his creation(s)?

Answers may provide clues as to the limits of GOD's omniscience.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I have also pondered this. Especially his rules and regulations, do you think he changes his mind about those because of the way that times have changed?

I mean, look at the issue of procreation. In the bible days he wanted us to procreate like mad, well now the Earth is pretty much over-populated. So does he still want us to procreate constantly?

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   

In the bible days he wanted us to procreate like mad, well now the Earth is pretty much over-populated. So does he still want us to procreate constantly?

That's why we have homosexuals!

AMEN!

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kattalien

That's why we have homosexuals!

AMEN!

Well yes but even homosexuals can procreate, and they do. I know that comedien Judy Gold who is a lesbian had a baby with help from the sperm bank, and so did her lover.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Genesis chapter 18 was written about Sodom and Gomorrah, and how the lord wanted to destroy them. He changed his mind several times on how many "just" men that Abraham had to find in the city for it to be saved, starting with Genesis 18:27-33.

Then again, he changed his mind to grant a special request from Abraham for a small city not to be demolished in Genesis 19:18-22.

These are just two examples that spring to mind.

JDub

new topics

top topics

join