It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carry each other

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I've been scoping this site's topics and posts for some time now. Thought it was time to get my head out of the sand and perhaps contribute some moderate views in certain interest areas such as politics and the environment. I've been out of the loop for a couple of years, having lost my mother while also becoming a first-time parent. The ying-yang of life. For a while, the most I could handle was entertainment type news; just trying to keep it light.

I enjoy the site content and diverse viewpoints, although sometimes the sandbox antics among some members can be personally tiresome. I tend to see gray areas when all too often others only black and white. I am not loyal to a particular party (i.e. I vote for the person not the party), but I thoroughly expect some members to attach one to me and attack me for it. Beware, I have sharp teeth and can take a big bite when provoked.

Okay, so here's an opportunity to take your first shot at labeling me. (I predict "idealist.") Far too many people in this civil society and the microcosm this site represents are at polar extremes. If the poles could both bend just a bit we might find ourselves approaching an axis of commonality.

I offer the following quote:

The more complex societies get and the more complex the networks of interdependence within and beyond community and national borders get, the more people are forced in their own interests to find non-zero-sum solutions. That is, win-win solutions instead of win-lose solutions.... Because we find as our interdependence increases that, on the whole, we do better when other people do better as well - so we have to find ways that we can all win, we have to accommodate each other - Bill Clinton, Wired interview, December 2000.

Look forward to living and learning with you.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS Zero Sum.

Love that avatar

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

That avatar is too much!

Originally posted by Zero Sum
If the poles could both bend just a bit we might find ourselves approaching an axis of commonality.

Well said.

Welcome aboard! You'll find this place is a blast!

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Good to meet you Zero Sum and a nice introduction you have written there.

Look forward to seeing you arround.

Enjoy your time at ATS.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
All The Secrets

Welcome to the great ATS, enjoy your long stay!

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, nice to have you here

See you about the board,

If you feel you have any questions visit my thread
Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Below is A hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have, ie, what are points ect....this is Zedds great link book for ATS use
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me

You will find your u2u's in the member center

and also there is a message when you recieve a u2u

also need help getting your avatar up (or pic in your profile) check out this link

Want to post a pic in your thread.
how to post a pic on a thread

want to change your password to something you remember? look for this tab at the top of the page, there you can edit your profile and password

top topics

join