It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A what-if exercise in diabolical thinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There has been a lot of speculation on this board (expected, of course) that the virulent strain of H5N1 was somehow manmade or manipulated for the purposes of purging the world of half its population. I would like this thread to explore fully these possibilities regardless of ones opinion of the likelihood of said planning and manipulating.

More importantly, I am interested in what sort of diabolical thinking may be at work currently given the situation that the world finds intself in with a bird-killing virus spreading along the migration routes of the world. To give you an example of the sort of thinking I would like us to emulate I will pick a faction and talk about how I will use the situation to my advantage.

Example: US bio-defense contractors, already having many lethal bio-warfare agents at their disposal take it upon themselves to create the human-to-human strain of Quinghai H5N1 in their labs, a "we have to have this first" approach. By the time these contractors work out a "viable" product H5N1 is now endemic in the entire world's bird populations. Roughly 30-40 people are dying from the "contracted by handling birds" variety on a weekly basis somewhere in the world. The dept of defense orders 5 million vaccines for this exact strain (they have its entire sequence so this is no problem). Shortly thereafter, bird flu appears to begin jumping human-to-human in North Korea. The United States announces that with the help of Chinese scientists in NK they have created a vaccine to the new strain. The UN asks US troops to enter NK to distribute the vaccine.

Whew, ok, so you see the kinds of scenarios I'm looking for? Put on those dark and demented thinking caps and lets see what we can brainstorm!

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Here is my only issue with this. If US bio corporations / defence contractors / rouge states / NWO types are looking for depopulation, H5N1 would not be the first choice IMHO. They are in essence waiting and gambling that it will mutate et al. into a more virulent form. To much of a chance IMHO that it will not. If you are going to depopulate, Marlburg or other stuff would be far more apt at reaching that goal

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Fred,
I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment, that's why I didn't go down that same old "this was designed" what-if scenario.

Rather, I am saying what if I were an unscrupulous government/NWO/globalist etc etc. How would I view the recent spread of bird flu? I have been warning friends and family for over 8 months now about this (as well as purchasing my own Tamiflu supply), and I have even heard uttered by people I previously considered to be relatively moral "Oh well, the earth has too many people anyway."

I guess what I'm looking for is not an explanation of how H5N1 could have been produced as a weapon, because I DO NOT believe that is what has happened.

What I am looking for, however, are some educated (or otherwise) stabs at what unscrupulous individuals may be thinking of, dreaming up, or even implementing, in order to take advantage of the situation.

It could be as simple as peddling snake-oil cures, or perhaps as sinister as planning land-grabs in the wake of dead flocks.

I don't believe that there are people who control EVERYTHING, as some suggest. However, I think it overly naive to believe that there AREN'T people in high places consulting with each other and saying "How do we maximize OUR benefit from these circumstances?"

As the Mike Myer's coffee lady character would say...
"discuss amongst yohsalves..."

new topics

join