It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus - Fat or Skinny?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I was thinking that if there actually was a real person who was Jesus, rather than just some literary convenience, then he was probably kind of a chunky, round guy, rather than some skinny dude like he is frequently portrayed.

He was always getting invited to meals and parties. He spoke a lot about food. He wasn't that fanatical about staying kosher. Sure, he walked around a lot, but it wasn't like he was working out or anything.

And apparently one of his favorite sayings was, "Anyone with two ears had better listen!" I see this coming from a kind of happy, fat guy easier than a gaunt, skinny guy. More like a fat, happy Buddha, rather than a starving one.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
More like a fat, happy Buddha, rather than a starving one.

See the funny thing about that is that it is highly unlikely that Buddha was fat being that he nearly starved himself to death at one point. I can only assume that all the fat Buddhas that we see have some symbolic meaning rather then any realistic significance.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
What part of CONSPIRACY is being missed?

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
All I know is that if Jesus was real & if he were here now, this wd be his favourite site & he cd tell us. He'd probably be like most of us sitting at home eating crisps & stuff so I doubt he wd be skinny too.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
What part of CONSPIRACY is being missed?

Well, I was just thinking that the popular image is one of suffering and deprivation. I wonder if it was done on purpose as another kind of control key to make people better about their miserable situations and not want to overthrow the government. TPTB could always point to Jesus and say, look, Jesus was holy and skinny and starved himself out, and to be a good person, you should, too.

You don't want people to expect to be fat and happy in your kingdom or country. Better to have their expectations lowered.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

See the funny thing about that is that it is highly unlikely that Buddha was fat being that he nearly starved himself to death at one point.

But that was the point of the whole story, which I guess a lot of people don't understand. Buddha was raised as a pampered prince, and when he got a good face full of the real world it was a shock to him. He tried all kinds of ways to figure out a way to deal with it, including living the life of asthete and almost starving himself to death. Then one day as he was starving under the bodhi tree, it came to him as a sudden realization that you couldn't deal directly with the world, it was necessary to transcend it. So it didn't do any good to starve yourself out. So after that, he was happy and grew fat, because he didn't worry anymore about the world. He was beyond it.

Unfortunately, too many people concentrate on the starving to enlightenment part of the story, rather than understand what came to Buddha with his enlightenment, and how he reacted to it. They think they have to re-invent the wheel, when the story is very clear to begin with. Starving oneself is a dumb idea, and doesn't accomplish anything.

Buddha was the original, "Don't worry, be happy," dude.

new topics

top topics

join