It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans stick it to Veterans again.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
bobgeiger.blogspot.com... w.html

In case you missed it in the Senate yesterday, Daniel Akaka (D-HI) proposed a bill to increase Veterans medical services funding by $1.5 billion in fiscal year 2007 and Republicans shot it down with extreme prejudice.

Extreme prejudice. Those wounded vets who managed to get away with their lives will have at the most minimal care if and when they return.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well yeah, they can't fight anymore, and that 1.5 billion can be better spent on private jets and foreign cars for Haliburton. I mean, who cares if some kid got his leg blown off, at least the President of Haliburton can travel in comfort on his new 250 million dollar private jet.

Foolish people thinking the men and women who fight for this country deserve to be taken care of once they are injured, who do you think we are, a civilized nation?

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Both US Senators for my state are Republican. If this is true, they're gonna get a piece of my mind and a particularly nasty email.

Edit: Well, the emails are now in cyberspace. They are usually very good at getting back to me, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they have to say. I'll let you know if they tapdance.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by jsobecky]

[edit on 17-3-2006 by jsobecky]

join