It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LDAP??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I know that I'm probably not going to get too much help with this, but I figure I'll give it a shot.

I currently monitor my works Symantec Brightmail spam filter. About 80% of the spam is sent to users who are not actually on the domain. I understand that I can set up an LDAP server with all of our users, and synchronize the LDAP server with the spam filter. I'm just stuck on how to set up an LDAP server. We are currently set up in a 2000 Server environment, and I don't know if I can set up the LDAP in this environment.

If anyone can help, I'll be very appreciative.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
You face an interesting problem. I did a google search and took a brief look thou the knowledge base. It appears as if you need to be a programer.
Why not use a domain controller ?
LDAP is a part of Active Directory.
Have you got access to virtual machines ?
If you do you could run a DC promo and attempted the integration without affecting your current network.

Sorry if Im not much help having passed my first MCP exam today my brain has gone to mush.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I'll give that a try. My main concern was avoiding any unnecessary risk to the domain. Setting up a seperate test environment could be exactly what I need for the experiment. Thanks

join