It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stopping time?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
apc

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sequan-1

Well... we have a couple of options here.

Option 1: You're telling the truth, but you're insane.

Option 2: You're not telling the truth, and you've seen too many movies.

Option 3: You're telling the truth, and you're not insane.

Let's focus on option 3.

If you are indeed having these experiences, it is not related to the topic of this thread (thanks for bumping it regardless, cool trick). If you are able to observe the world at a different rate of time than what you experience physically, something quite strange indeed is occurring. Time is still passing for you, as your heart must still be beating as well as various other biological processes. However it would need to be tested to speculate further. A video camera set up constantly recording to attempt to capture one of these "temporal detachments". It would be obvious when it happens... you've be moving very, very fast from the perspective of the camera (or any outside observer). Faster than the human body should be physically able to move.

It would be something quite different than what is being discussed in this thread. The clock illusion is just a neat interaction with the rate at which the brain processes sensory information. It's like a housefly. Flies think extremely fast. As a result they observe time to be passing extremely slowly. That's why they're so hard to kill. They've read the cover of that magazine and decided they should get out of its way well before you slam it on the table. Same thing with the clock.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by apc]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AncientVoid
Holy crap... neat trick!
Is there a way to master this trick so that you can turn it on and off as second nature and also be able to look at the second hand directly?
Is there mean to be the ticking sound when you do it? Cause mine doesn't have it.

Btw, your meant to do it to a smooth clock now? hmm, the effect is tons better on normal clocks.

Originally posted by Nventual

Originally posted by IAF101

There is yet another wierd trick through self hypnosis that could help you wake up at any given time of your choice without an alarm clock simply by programing your subconcious with the length of your sleeping cycle.

Can you tell me what it is? I hate alarm clocks.

hmm no wonder i can wake up like Exactly on time, without an alarm clock. I do this all the time
I was freaking myself out for a while when i learn this ability.

This is how i do it, may not work for other people.
1. Think really hard of the time you want to wake up
2. Focus on that time for a couple of seconds or w/e (Also try to look at the current time now, i had to at first)
3. Try to make it the last thing you think about (i had to do that at first i think, but now i can do it whenever and it usually works.)
4. You wake up at that time.

This is something i found out myself, and not sure if it works for other people...

[edit on 5-9-2007 by AncientVoid]

[edit on 5-9-2007 by AncientVoid]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisT
I remeber Angelus Silesius, a sixth-century philosopher and poet, believed the flow of time could be suspended by mental powers:

" Time is of your own making;
its clock ticks in your head.
The moment you stop thought
time too stops dead. "

You should look him up, he's very intersting.

They had clocks in the 6th century?

17th century, not 6th. And he is interesting.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

Originally posted by IAF101

There is yet another wierd trick through self hypnosis that could help you wake up at any given time of your choice without an alarm clock simply by programing your subconcious with the length of your sleeping cycle.

Can you tell me what it is? I hate alarm clocks.

I've been able to do this since I was a child, I don't know why, but I'll tell myself I have to get up at lets say 8 or 9 am for work, I'll wake up about 8:30 or 9 am without any type of alarm. I havent had to plug in my clock since i moved
I dunno how to train to do it though. Just something I've dealt with.

This...Was interesting, I was able to stop it for a good few seconds, and now Im kind of dizzy lol maybe cuz of my perhiphrieal (sp)...Wowza. Fun times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join