It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government isnt trying to cut stop usage of oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I was thinking the other day about renewable energy mainly about hydro power. If the government built a hydro electic generator at all fast water places it alone could power the country. So i what i think is that the oil companies are bribing the government to use oil and gas so they dont go out of business.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
anita, something else to consider besides oil company greed is that to dam rivers for hydro power would drown many river side communities and the accompanying relocation would be very, very expensive not to mention, a lot of people would be extremely POed.

Still renewable/alternative energy needs to be researched; but I can guarantee you one thing is that if it can be metered, the energy companys will continue to be great investments.

At one time the nuclear power industry said that nuke power will be to cheap to even meter.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
why build alternative energy technology when there are still plenty of oil producing countries left to invade!!(cheap sarcasm i know).

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I already raised this here.

I too think the world could be powered by hydropower. It's the nearest we'll get to harnessing gravity's energy... gravity is constant and therefore it is the only true renewable source.

I've recently read that Russia has reduced it's oil consumption to 3.9million barrels a year. This could quiet easily be acheived in all countries. Every little helps.

[edit on 14/3/06 by byhiniur]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
One of the biggest problems with hydropower is not the dam itself but moving the energy to where you want it.

There is few easy ways out in this game.

The best thing is new energy technologies that can be reliably manufactured and are portable. An example is better batteries and things like fuel cells.

Maybe our problem is not that we don't produce enough energy is that we do not use it efficiently enough. I don't see this argument very often from the Kyoto crowd for example.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Our problem is that the people in power want more power rather than helping the populations they represent.

top topics

join