It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, you've downloaded some metal.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
What's your's?

Here's mine(BTW I did this legally):

The # of the Beast
Where eagles Dare
Hanger 18
Into the Lungs of Hell
Gasoline
One!
Blackened
Creeping Death
Fade to Black
For whom the Bell Tolls
Master of Puppets
The Unforgiven
Until it Sleeps
No More Mr. Nice Guy, back to basics.

Man, Metallica used to be cool, not Metaligreed. :shk:

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Let's see...

Danzig
Lots of Metallica...I love the band with the orchestra...can't remember the name of the CD.
Alice In Chains
and some Primus...Pork Soda.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Ahhhhh, the joys of listening to metal.......cranked to 11

I have an extensive download library of all sorts of music....over 10,000 files in a variety of musical genres. I'm downing stuff constantly. Right now, in the metal category;

Rob Halford's Live Resurrection .... you have to hear the "one you love to hate" (w/Bruce Dickinson)....frankly, Halford's live resurrection album is some of the best metal around.....it's even better (though it's almost sacriligious to say this) than Judas Priest!

Zack Wylde ....."the blessed hellride" (an acoustic version that's wonderful)

Manowar..... "the dawn of battle" (i'm not really a fan of manowar but i love their true "dedication" to this genre. Though rather simplistic, it still has some heavy riffs which are eminently listenable)

Iron Maiden's....."powerslave".......hell, what's there to say about Maiden? they are great and you just gotta love Dickinson's vocals

all i can say is that I love metal. I don't listen to metal constantly or anything but there is always a time of day -- especially when driving on the 401 -- when metal simply makes everything seem to be "going my way".

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Just downlaoded

God forbid
Exodus
Hatebreed

Intrepid my favorite metallica song 'Jump in the Fire".Likewise theyve lost me nowadays.Great to see bands like Queensryche,Celtic Frost,Venom etc getting some belated recognition imo.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I'm not a huge fan of metal although I highly respect it. However I love Motorhead, so I have downloaded a lot from them. Also I just HAD to download the song "Cowboys From Hell" by Pantera. That song is awesome!

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I've had so much metal over the last few years that my mind just about acknowledges it as it enters my ears. So I've been trying to listen to some bands I haven't given much time to before and coming up hit and miss. Some great ones I have found though include:

Botch
Isis
Taint
Converge

Also, not quite so Metal, I've been listening quite a bit of Clutch, the Hives and Audioslave.

*Napster woz ere 2001

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Welcome Home (Sanitarium) -- Metallica
Seek and Destroy -- Metallica
The Prisoner -- Iron Maiden
Number of the Beast -- Iron Maiden
Run to the Hills -- Iron Maiden
Cemetary Gates -- Pantera

I'll think of some more..........

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Run to the hills , iron maiden
# of the beast, iron maiden
Wasted Years ,iron maiden
fear of the dark, iron maiden
whiskey in the jar, metalica
let the bodies hit the floor ,drowning pool and lots more metalica to boot!

top topics

join