It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Gay Funeral Protesters...A Plant?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I've heard a bit about these folks. They claim to be some off-shoot Baptists that believe American soldiers are dying in Iraq because the country is too tolerant of homosexuality. Sure, they are about as wierd as you get but this is the 1st article(that I've seen) that actually brought up the possibility they were political plants.

www.breitbart.com...

quote:
"...The group is careful to protest in public spaces and is well aware of its constitutional rights - 11 of Phelps' 13 children are lawyers.

"This nation is poised to trash the first amendment just to stop my preaching," Fred Phelps said in a telephone interview. "I'm kind of honored."

Phelps said he and his congregants are targeting the funerals because God's way of punishing an "evil nation" of "fags and fag enablers" is to "pick off its children."

"I don't have any sympathy for these parents. They're all going to hell," Phelps said. "The family's in pain because they haven't obeyed the Lord God."

The group is so outrageous that some among the extreme-right have speculated that Phelps is a plant... "

Interesting "plant" angle. I often wonder how many radical people on either side of the political fence might be planted operatives of the opposition, there just to discredit the more mainstream factions.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
From what I've seen, extremists tend to be the most aware of how the system works - they know their rights, that's for sure, even though they deny others those rights. The idea is that by working inside the system, you ensure the system works for you - just like the Nazis playing the parliamentary game in the Weimar Republic until they won...

Anyhow... that turd Phelps makes me want to retch.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The plant idea is someone's fantasy. That would be similar to saying civil rights leaders funded the KKK to make their case better.

Phelps and his crew are a cult. The world would be better if a tornado took the whole group out in one shot.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I would so love for these protestors to show up at a funeral I was attending. I'll take the consequences of my actions. These lowlife scumbags make me sick. They should be gassed, hung and stoned. Time for me to get a big sign and do some protesting of my own about these religous fanatic idiot lowwwwwlifes.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
From the link given :

The group is so outrageous that some among the extreme-right have speculated that Phelps is a plant aimed at giving the anti-gay movement a bad name, said Mark Potok, the director of the intelligence project at the Southern Poverty Law Center which tracks hate crimes.

"This man probably thinks more about gay sex than any other person in the United States of America and one can only guess at what that means," he said. "Many of the most homophobic people are deeply afraid that they might be gay."

Well that may explain some of Mr Phelps condition. Apart from his deranged reasoning about homosexuals, his group has also celebrated the deaths of the people who died on 9/11 !!

What I cant understand is why do people tolerate them ?? Why doesnt a mob of people just lynch these people for insulting the dead ?? I doubt any jury will support their activities no matter how many lawyers they have on their side !
I strongly feel that these people need to be taught a lesson the old fashioned way.

BTW is there any way in finding out at which funerals these people are going to picket next ?

[edit on 12-3-2006 by IAF101]

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
ask the bikers???

they seem to know where they are heading..

I'd suggest a large group of protesters go and protest at their church, but that would probably be pointless, since they seem to be everywhere except in their church!! of course if all those who were protesting the immigration bill would be willing to, well, I think a few hundred thousand protesters showing up outside of the church, would cause alot of headaches for the local authorities, who would maybe pass that headache along to the congregation for us...

all those baptist churches that were burned...why...well, I better not say it....stupid kids!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
read about this basketcase before, Phelps is quite the "character". His insane reasoning makes him even more a "character" than a real person. Unfortunately I don't think there is enough logic in this guy's brain to make him a plant for disrupting the anti gay movement. Just another extremist looking to make headlines.

moving to US news Discussion

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Here's a bio of Phelps from Wikipedia.

Fred Phelps

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have also read up on Fred Phelps before and it actually amazes me that someone hasn't assasinated him. Perhaps that is a conspiracy within itself.

I believe in free speech and the right to protest, however I think that protesting funerals is way over the line, for any reason. I wouldn't mind if protesting at funerals was outlawed.

new topics

top topics

join