It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If you are an atheist, which of these two describes your opinion better. You can just write 1 or 2 if you like, or elaborate, or add another option or whatever.

1. I don't believe in a God

2. I believe that there is no God

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Do I believe in a god? I suppose it all depends on your definition of god. I do however see no rational thought or coherent logic in the existence of an entity conscious of itself fitting that word. What I believe is more of a mixture of Buddhism and various branches of quantum mechanics, although I do not consider myself a Buddhist either. I suppose I would be more classified by others as an agnostic.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I don't really even consider the question of god. But really, I lean to #2.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I guess number two. I don't believe there is a god. There's no evidence that indicate's we were created by some supernatural force. Any evidence put forth that supposedly show's or attempts to prove a creationist point of view has become refuted given enough time to discover how the universe works. Such as the shrinking sun problem. Irriducibly complex system's. I can't say for sure how the universe came to be, I realize science doesn't have all the answer's and may never have all the answer's. However, I'm 100% sure that god(ism) is a man made belief system created and evolved over time to explain many of the thing's mankind doesn't understand. Even the invention of metaphysics is pretty much the same thing. It attempt's to explain thing's we just don't know much about as of yet. You can look back through history and see religous belief's become more and more primitive compared to religous belief's held today. Same thing with metaphysics and science. The only thing that has advanced our species and given us a greater understanding of the world and universe we live in, is science. Nothing else has come close to advancing our species.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Number two, I think the idea of a God primitive, when we were a younger people we believed in Gods because we were superstitious and an idea of a being that controlled all probably made sense.

Today though, we have been to 'heaven' and there was zilch there except a big dusty rock and some twinkly stars. No supreme being or whatever people want to call it.

I don't mean to be offensive, but I can come across as a bit of tyrant sometimes!

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Number two, there is no valid argument for the existance of god(s) as far as I can see. In fact I see no reason for such beings to exist except in the mind.

G

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Though I like to think of myself as a two, I guess I am really a one. I was previously a catholic and have only recently denounced my faith so the whole boogieman story of satan and hell are hard to shake off.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I dont belive in a god, and I dont know if a god exists.

I do believe there is something, someone, some other being who might, most likely be more powerful and supreme to us.

Now if you call it a god well you do, I dont, I just dont believe we are a alone in the universe. As I see it religions are just based upon something else out there.
Primative people not knowing what is going on in the skys above., thats what started this so called god thing. So maybe this god is just an alien, some other from some other planet, possible I would say.

so you tell me, what do I believe?

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
#2, I believe there is no god, simple as that.

new topics

top topics

join