It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives Are Jumping Ship: Bush is going down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
SOURCE

The crimes of the Bush Administration are so many and varied that none of us should be surprised by anything that might happen in the coming weeks and months: Bin Laden captured or reported killed, a U.S.-Israeli air assault on Iran's nuclear facilities, a major terrorist attack inside the U.S. to be followed by martial law, the announcement of a bird-flu outbreak with the military placed in charge. I'm pretty level-headed and don't usually think in these dire terms, but these guys have backed themselves into a tight political corner and are desperate -- and dangerous.

The time has come when desperation calls for desperate measures. Soon we will have Martial Law and things will never be the same.

Are you prepared????

[edit on 8-3-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I found this article yesterday while googling bird flu of all things.

It's a great read. The guy makes a number of valid points and some good observations IMO.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Dont succumb to propaganda!
Even though Bush is the President of the United States, the real power in the US lies with Congress and Congress wont toe Bush's line beyond a point, be they republican dominated or democrat. Even Bush wouldnt want martial law !!

Keep the faith, our system has lasted the better half of 3 centuries and will still continue to represent the people. No president can seize power and no congress will allow itself to be bullied beyond a point.

As it is said, In God we Trust.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

The time has come when desperation calls for desperate measures. Soon we will have Martial Law and things will never be the same.

How soon in soon...in your opinion? I don't think there will be marital law in the US any time soon.

The US gov't does not have the resources and the manpower to pull it off on any large scale...like the entire nation. Americans would fight back and many service members would not go along with it, imo.

[edit on 8/3/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I agree with this article simply because things just cannot get much worse.

Something HAS to happen in order to bring order to the United States. I think we need to be prepared for their next move. Now is the time to talk about it, later, we wont be able to.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

BUCKLEY BUCKLES TO REALITY

Onward to the intellectual godfather of the modern conservative movement, National Review founding editor William F. Buckley Jr., who concludes that what may have started as a decent move has evolved into disaster:

"One can't doubt that the American objective in Iraq has failed. ... "

I never thought William F. Buckley Jr. would be my favorite anything. Just goes to show you... Never say 'never'.

As regards the liklihood of impeachment, I thought it would (and should) happen long ago and it seems like it would be getting closer and closer, but every time I think, "They CAN'T get away with this", they do... So I actually won't be surprised if the corruption in Congress keeps this machine rolling right over the cliff, in spite of clearly seeing what's coming.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Martial law will be the kick-off to the new revolution. I doubt many of our boys in blue, or our military would be able to turn the guns on us.

How many of us are prepared to do what it takes should something this terrible happen in the next few years? How many would move? How many would stay and fight for the America we are proud to be a part of?

DG, you got a wats for that one. Its easy for the neo-cons to discredit us "liberal hippies", but when their own party starts to see the light...I think our fight is about to get easier. The INTELLIGENT opposition to this argument is definately dwindling.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Really? I thought the time was several months back, or perhaps last year? C’mon can you guys stay consistent with your timeline regarding Bush and Martial Law? It’s beginning to become hard to keep track of all your claims. But hey just keep saying it, maybe one of these days you might get lucky.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
WestPoint, this isnt a psychic thread.
Psychics are down the hall, to the left.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Every one of the republicans seeking seats in the congress this year will put a wall between them and the president.

He is to become the fall guy for everything that has gotten wrong in this country and we all know that is plenty.

Corruption has gone rampant and now they are afraid of what the American people really think when elections comes.

But the fact is that the corruption is so deep that I don't think that our votes counts anymore when its time to perpetuate the nice way of life of the ones in power.

[edit on 8-3-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I agree with this article simply because things just cannot get much worse

What?

I think someone needs to get out more. Things can always get much worse.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I didn't know that he was running for office again? I thought his term was up in a few years. Do democrats think that Bush has any bearing on 2008 at all? Why would they think that?

[edit on 8-3-2006 by denythestatusquo]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
And a better Q to you denythestatusquo...

Do you think Bush is even making any decisions on his own? Do you think the puppet will take the puppeteers with him on his way out in '08?

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Yeah, great way of addressing the question. Don't worry, I’ll let you people discuss this infamous and reoccurring topic. After all where would you be without your monthly dose of Bush and Martial law?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This site is obviously biased I can tell by the quote. Spread your propaganda on the liberal forum. Land of Hiliary Clinton and the dark side.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I can you all one thing. If there was martial law, I wouldn't want to stay here and fight for what has been lost for over an eternity ago. I think another country would have something much better to offer than this place.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Are you sure? You've said before that most of your posts are based on "your gut feelings". What's the difference?

BTW, here you're just pretending a democrat propaganda site is "real news".

Oh, and you forgot to mention the draft ...

new topics

top topics

join