It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we "sliding"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I have been recently, and actively discussing the life=simulation subject. I thought of another possibility that could explain the things I experienced, discussed in my last thread "Is life a virtual reality game?". Here is my theory:

We live in a fairly unstable universe where you and I, and all of our other realities, occasionally, and simultaneously, "slide" into different dimensions. That CD you swore you had a minute ago, only to find it lying in some random place that you swore you never put it there; was always there. You just made a change to a almost exact copy of the dimension you were in 5 seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, or even years ago; so that CD was always there, just not in your previous Dimension.

On to people. That girl you though liked you who suddently, and without reason doesn't now, or your freind having a sudden mood swing. They and/or you slid into a different dimension. Those insane people who think that they're someone they're not, or those people who claim to have been someone else in a "previous life". No, they're not crazy, they just slid out of control into an entirely different reality, and they either faintly remember it in dreams, or they go crazy from their brains not being able to take it.

Consider this the next time your parents seem to be angry all of a sudden for no reason at you, or you lose your favorite T-shirt, or you wake up in Asia in a different life...

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
How might feelings of deja vu figure into your theory CaptainIraq, if at all?

This study is using hypnosis to produce deja vu in students.

I'm experiencing deja vu more and more lately; that's why I always take an interest in these sorts of threads. Some people believe that remembering things that never happened might point to glitches in the virtual reality system, or a bug in our Matrix. Others think past life stuff and reincarnation. I suspect most people feel that deja vu moments are just strange brain blips.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I think deja vu could be a time loop. Einstein said something like when the big bang happend the universe started to expand and he goes on to say the he thinks it will eventually iimplode on its self. What if this was recurring event?
I know when I have deja vu it feels like a memory, with all the things that go along with a memory like smells, sounds and feelings. Its almost like a mini movie, but with all the bangs and whistles.
Or the philadelphia experiment really did hasppen and we are all in a time loop. And know one knows what the date really is.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Thankyou Captain Iraq.
You have finally explained my wifes mood swings ,
Its not my fault i'm just arriving at the wrong time.
PS please could you explain how I arrive in her good books

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Naaah, I think the sliding idea is just too convenient. Weird mood swings and unexplained behavior are in fact explicable if you have the right perspective. Keeping the mind as open as possible will begin to reveal the motives others.

As for deja vu, I think it's simply a realization of a scenario your brain has thought up previously. To explain, many of your days' activities may be similar to any other day, repetitious even. Your brain is pre-processing these similar activities, and when one lines up with a thought pattern, poof! Deja vu.

It's romantic and even fun to think that there is a virtual reality for our lives, but I think it's just a modern version of what people call fate. For me, I have free will. I have a "recommended path" that I should follow, but it's up to me to actually walk it. When I choose not to follow the path, the Universe let's me know I'm in the wrong, and many times in a manner that's not so pleasant!

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Fiction is reality in another dimension quote:

Here's a thought. What if every thought you have, every book you've read and every dream is not just in your mind? What if everything you think actually happens in some other dimension? To you it may just be fiction, but the characters in the book you are reading, or the thoughts in your mind may really be experiencing what you are imagining. What happens when you move on to a different thought? Does this existence continue on without you? This sort of responsibilty would have a profound effect on what you thought from this point on, wouldn't it? I think the movie the 13th floor touched on this concept with virtual reality. It's a mind boggling concept. We may be creating new worlds every day.

The time lord quote:

posted on 8-3-2006 at 02:38 PM Post Number: 2034294 (post id: 2059330) -

God can see all the different futures that are why he changes it so man stays in touch with him and man lives on from self-destruction. Or satanic influence that nearly killed mans bloodline off as in the times of Noah and Babylon.

God does what you are explaining here that is why you seem to think his way as we are like him too. We just do not have the power to create it and maybe only God can if you meet him for real. He may show you what happens in all the alternate futures and unborn people who could have been.

This above is the answere of another post above which have similar thoughts in mind. All these aleternate worlds are in mans head and only God can change time. We maybe experiencing Gods change of our path and maybe we feel sensitive to it.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I thought I just experienced Deja vu two days in a row. I mysteriously fell asleep while watching the Sci-Fi channel and woke up with the X-Files show just starting. The show ended with "to be continued". Then the same thing happened to me again last night and I woke up again just in time for the X-Files. Then the show seemed to have a sense of humor with Mulder in a weird sort of dream like coma, Scully stated that "he's not dying, he's never been more awake in his life" or something like that. I was feeling wide awake even though it was the middle of the night. Of course I unfortunately experienced the same ending "to be continued". If someone out there is pulling strings and making us experience things in a virtual reality world, they have a sense of humor.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
God can give signs if you want go in that direction maybe someone is saying something wake up.

I watched two films in two days that had the same clock time as in the reality time of my time zone. If we could calculate everything we will see God at work and maybe these things are signals from God to say look I have your attention. Some people have it without noticing I only notice it for them. I have had some major signs and maybe God is coming soon to wake up mans spirit.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Blech, please keep the 'god' excuses to the religion forums please.
If you cannot properly express yourself, don't blame a 'god' for everything.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The strangest event i ever experienced happened more than a decade ago when, walking in bright sunshine, i suddenly heard a *VERY* loud clap of thunder going off VERY close, and some kind of surprisingly dim flash of light (roughly like an array of strong lamps but nothing like lightning) briefly filled my vision, at fist i thought i had been struck, but: no scorch marks or anything. weather was still the same, barely clouds, nothing had happened or so it seemed.

I can't put my finger on it, but this happened at an emotional junction in my life, and i swear that things took a turn for the worse right after this incident.

Another, less awe-inspiring case of weirdness occurred yesterday, i wanted to lock a door, but urgently needed to take a p___ first, when i get out, *bam* that door's already locked
either i'm stupid or shizophrenic or stuff happens, especially weird stuff.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nrky
Blech, please keep the 'god' excuses to the religion forums please.
If you cannot properly express yourself, don't blame a 'god' for everything.

Now... Now... Has it occurred to you that you are discussing a universe and all the high weirdness therein?

Your and my, largely human, perspective may not, without evidence to that end, preclude God(s), god(s), gOD(S), GOD(S), or any combination thereof.

Truth is, that for all our ego and desire for things to be the way we think they should be in our paradigm... We haven't a fig of an iota of evidence for any possible outcome yet....

So... In conclusion. God, in all his/her/it's, infinite incarnations, perturbatons, or other assorted "bations", may, in fact, be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me ... er... God...

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I wouldn't have that of that.... i just kinda went with the "life is a simulation" thing and continued, of course, spreading the word to my fellow pupils... but now that you mentioned it, that kinda makes sense... maybe even that video games are was ato keep us from sliding because they focus attention....
EX: ever seen someone who is watching TV/Playing videogames and it seemed like they were in a totally different state of mind?
think about it...

if you have any suggestions/questions/whatever U2U me....

--YOURS TRULY--

cooldude76

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cooldude76
... maybe even that video games are was ato keep us from sliding because they focus attention....

Yep. Thats me 12/24 hours of the day

[edit on 21-3-2006 by CaptainIraq]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I felt like I must have slid into a different dimension this past weekend. I kept meeting girls who seemed extremely friendly as if they already knew me. I was thinking "what happened? Did someone confuse me for a rock star?" It was fun while it lasted. Then I thought I recognized the first girl who hugged me but I saw that girl a few minutes later. Maybe I just forget some people who still remember me. I just don't know. I didn't really believe this sliding idea but it would explain why sometimes I meet a girl who says she knows me and I can't remember anything about her but she remembers details about my past. I just didn't think my memory was that bad.

new topics

top topics

join