It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He moved from fringe to mainstream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The transformation of Mr.Icke was interesting to say the least. My memory is very shaky on the subject but here's what I recall.

First he disappeared overseas to "discover himself" and returned with what appeared to be a very nice menage a trois with wife plus new female "assistant/disciple" (whatever happened to her). It was around this time that he also went through his purple (or was it turquoise) phase, appearing everywhere in an appropriately coloured tracksuit claiming the colour gave him some kind of energy. Then we had the "Son of God" deal that now seems to have been conveniently explained away as him meaning that he, like all of us, is a son of god, which just sounds like so much spin to me. Then finally the great conspiracy theories began to spout forth. He started out with Church Halls, and worked his way up to conference sized presentations and finally discovered that great untapped resource of easily influenced paranoia and wealth - the USA.

So there you have it, wealth and public acceptance would appear to be a relatively effective cure for paranoid schizophrenia. Believe it or not, I'm happy for him, I certainly bear him no malice - but I think it's a pity that so many people appear to have been caught up in his delusions.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Out of interest, have you done any study into what paranoid scizophrenia actually is? (my instinct is perhaps not, but nothings infallable :lol

If not, I would suggest that the work of one of psychiatry's true greats, R D Laing, most instructive:

Ronald David Laing (October 7, 1927–August 23, 1989), was a Scottish psychiatrist who wrote extensively on mental illness and particularly the experience of psychosis. He is noted for his views, influenced by existential philosophy, on the causes and treatment of mental illness, which went against the psychiatric orthodoxy of the time by taking the expressions or communications of the individual patient or client as representing valid descriptions of lived experience or reality rather than as symptoms of some separate or underlying disorder. He is often associated with the anti-psychiatry movement although, like many of his contemporaries also critical of psychiatry, he himself rejected this label. He made a significant contribution to the ethics of psychology.

You might come out of the experiance with a very great deal of respect for Icke

(who despite your inference has never been "diagnosed" by anybody)

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I find it sad you had to come on here and troll the guy, before he even has a chance to show up.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
I find it sad you had to come on here and troll the guy, before he even has a chance to show up.

I find it sad that you think I'm "trolling" him. Perhaps the paranoid schizo remark was unjustified, I'll retract that - but his behaviour is bizarre and certainly deserving of some type of non-standard label.

I was really looking for someone to correct my historical recollection of his actions over recent years.

I do however stand by my opinion that money and relative success has toned down his bizarre qualities somewhat and he now presents a much more balanced image - albeit with stories of world domination by shape shifting reptiles.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Hi Winchester Ranger T

I do "get" where you are coming from: I also understand that your initial post is not a "trolling" attack

Its one of Ickes particular qualities that he stirs people up by showing them a lot about themselves: particularily in terms of "Robotic" type programming, and in my experiance of talking about Icke with other people (which is fairly extensive) its remarkable how he has this qualitiy of bringing out peoples illusions as they struggle to understand "where he's coming from" etc

The "schizophrenia" label is of course one of those: remarkable in itself when one considers the illuminati type nature of much of psychiatry where ANY form of spiritual understanding or perception or belief can potentially be considered a mental illness...which most especially applies to shamanic experientialism... all to make it easier for humanity to "gatekeeper" itself..

I respect you for retracting that, and with a little patience its to be hoped that this board may develop to provide greater clarity and commonality

In the meanwhile, re-reading (or reading for the first time) some of Ickes actual work can equally be most instructive

And in an attempt to address another illusion before it manifests, personally I view Icke as an important voice but by no means the only one, neither is he a leader or a guru, nor infallable (he definately has his faults!)

But I do have a great deal of Love for the man, and if I can return the favour of the help his work has given to me by helping to discuss and understand it with others, Im more than happy to do so

new topics

top topics

join