It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Inspector General Investigates Top Official, Foggo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The investigation that sent Senator Randall "Duke" Cunningham to prison has now reached the CIA. Kyle "Dusty" Foggo is the third highest official at the CIA and has, during his career, been involved in the awarding and administration of many contracts, all of which Foggo maintains were legitimately handled. Foggo has been linked to Brent Wilkes, who gave Cunningham more than half a million dollars in money and gifts in exchange for government contracts.

abcnews.go.com
The CIA Inspector General has opened an investigation into the spy agency's executive director, Kyle "Dusty" Foggo, and his connections to two defense contractors accused of bribing a member of Congress and Pentagon officials.

The CIA released an official statement on the matter to ABC News, saying: "It is standard practice for CIA's Office of Inspector General — an aggressive, independent watchdog — to look into assertions that mention agency officers. That should in no way be seen as lending credibility to any allegation.

"Mr. Foggo has overseen many contracts in his decades of public service. He reaffirms that they were properly awarded and administered."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The relationship between Foggo and Wilkes goes all the way back to their high school days and it appears that they have remained friends throughout their careers. I would hope that the breadth of this case does not reach into to the CIA, given its importance to our national security, but I guess anything is possible. We can only hope that if there is wrongdoing that it will be rooted out and stopped before real harm is done.

Related News Links:
www.sun-sentinel.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
POLITICS: Congressman Cunningham Confesses

[edit on 7-3-2006 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Thanks for providing a link to the story I submitted about Cunnigham's confession and the snowball effect his cooperation might create. I hope oversight investigators in all branches of government and the military follow the money trail wherever it leads and root out the corruption plaguing the honest, hardworking people of this country.

Btw, Cunningham was sentenced yesterday to 8 years in federal prison and ordered to pay $1.84 million to the IRS.

Cunningham avoids maximum sentence

As a side note, if the income was illegal to begin with, how is it the IRS gets to tax it and take its cut? I've always wondered about that. Shouldn't he just have to forfeit the money to a restitution fund or charity or something, and leave the IRS out of it? Won't the money the IRS collects just go back into government coffers to be illegally awarded to some other crony in some other scam of the American public?

[edit on 4-3-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   

As a side note, if the income was illegal to begin with, how is it the IRS gets to tax it and take its cut? I've always wondered about that. Shouldn't he just have to forfeit the money to a restitution fund or charity or something, and leave the IRS out of it? Won't the money the IRS collects just go back into government coffers to be illegally awarded to some other crony in some other scam of the American public?

Probably the same logic that allows charging a drug dealer with "tax stamp" violations for failure to acquire a permit to deal in a substance they aren't allowed to have legally in the first place.

www.ksrevenue.org...

it's just piling on to make sure the offender does as much time as possible.

join