It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian aircraft?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Does anyone here have any good information as to what, if anything Canada is going to get for the air force? Perhaps a few f-35's? I have a feeling that with the Conservatives in power now, well get alot more military funding. The Liberals let that slide for a while. We desperatly need some new equipment, and taking more time, is only gona send the cost of replacing everything very high. lets get Avro back and make a new fighter that wipes the table with current ones.. just like the arrow did back in its development.

Mod Edit: Removed ALL CAPS in title

[edit on 3/4/06 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Howdy acura. So im in ON too, where you live? As for you question the military is schedualed for some new herc replacements due to 16 of the current airframes in bad state due the amount of flight time on the frames. Our Cormorants are all here from what ive been told or informed and the Labrador is finally in the retirement it needs thought it will be missed. The Seakings are schedualed to be replaced by the cyclone in the near NEAR future and we all know thats needed. Finally as for the F-35 we are a member of the international team that is partnered with the US is building the new planes and with that intrest and the fact that the program brings us money or jobs I'd say that if the 35 makes it to production you can expect Canada to buy some. But as for Avro I can say I'd love it to but its an impossiblity as of today with Canada's top aviation company being bombardier. If i can answer anymore of your questions just ask.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
just if there is any interest I'll post some images an a link here to a medical evac that happened just this week that the new cormorant took part in. heres the artical.
www.airforce.forces.gc.ca...

Photos.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I live in barrie, and go to school in london. Maybe we need Bombardier to build a canadian fighter, but I'm not sure what thier capabilities are? They are more commercial correct? If they did build something awesome, I'd hope they name it CF-__ arrow, or avro, just to show some respect.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Lol yeah i agree with the whole nameing thing but I dont think we will ever see a single fighter made solely by Canada again. Renaming a fighter after the arrow though would be nice CF-35 Arrow... not bad? more of an interseptor name though. arrow striaght and fast lol. Im here in Kitchener so you dive by me everytime you head home lol. Bombardier is also solely commercial and they have enough problems with that so unless the goverment funded (millions to billions which Canada never does) a huge project you will never see a fighter out of bombardier.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Here is the problem with this whole concept:

The development of a modern Canadian version of say the F-22 or EF would require a huge expendature. Especially if its an all Canadian effort. Look at how long it takes to go from design to production. Taking out the Byzantine Pentagon procurment process, even the EF, Rafale et al all take a long time and alot of $$$$$. Can Canada afford it?

Canada has the ability, and will to do this, but it boils down to money.....

top topics

join