It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Zombification....someone fill me in!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Ok, in some thread about ape/man genetic hybrids it was mentioned that some more ruthless secret government projects from some country I can't remember....wanted to try to artificially turn humans into zombies.
Yes, real zombies.
Real flesh eating mindless, souless undead monsters. The method used for the transformation would be the application of various forms of radiation or some such agent to change the human body. And the purpose apparently was to have the populace of an enemy country attack the rest of its own population and military and destroy itself from within. And then the country which launched this special type of bio-attack would then come in to clean up the mess.

At least that is the story as I understand it.
Can someone fill me in with the details of this story and how credible do you think this is? I for one while shocked.....do not think this is impossible.
Gawd. We live in frightening times.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Zombies like the ones in the movies would be hard and as i recall it was some doctor in the soviet union who had conceived of mating a human and a ape to create super soldiers.

not sure about zmbies or how the science could possibly work since radiation in all it's forms damage our cell and dna structures. It would be from my stand point a trillion to one shot of working. still a chance but a near impossibility.

A virus that increases rage and agression as well as destroying higher concsious and sub concsious functions like morality and emotion would make this a success not re-animation but a close second. think like 28 days later that movie in my opinion was closer to the mark then Romero.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
BRaiiiiinnnnsssss!!!!!

I mean, aside from the nameless unknown government. Mindless zombies could be usefull, flesh eating, psychotic, actual zombie like zombies would probably be a lot harder to control than you might think.

If they are in fact "programmed" with a taste for BRaiinsss@! I mean human flesh I would think at some point somebody whos not supposed to be eaten will get eaten and then before you know it your trapped in a mall with four white people and one black guy, who let's face it knows he's dead before the movie ends anyway.

Either way, I would think mindless flesh eating government controlled assasination zombies is fiction.

Loved to shoot some zombies though, just saying on a side note.

Spi...Braiiiinnnnssss!

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
mmmmmm.......brains.....

haha ok so they are all fiction and that will never happen.........right? LOL *laughs nervously*

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Seems almost "Resident Evil" like...

A virus that makes us crave blood and brains would be perfect for the government...more control over everything.

But then again, such a virus doesn't exist....yet.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I actually posted what you seem to have gotten confused in that "Ape/Man hybrid warriors" thread.

It was a common fear that the nuclear radiation from a global nuclear conflict would turn people into "zombies".

Not flesh eating zombies. Not undead zombies.

Lawless, self-preserving zombies. The cheesy black and white zombie movies of the 60s and 70s reflected the deep rooted fear of a world without laws, one where everyone had to survive and provide on their own. In a global nuclear conflict, this was often seen as the only outcome, because world governments would be far too crippled/completely obliterated to aid their citizens.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I dont know about Undead type movie Zombies. But perhaps you could make a virus that would make Humans go insane and attack others with a Zombie like Bloodlust. Something like that Movie "28 days later" seems a much more realistic goal. Perhaps rabies would be a good place to start.

Perhaps add something a alittle electronic brain control like we are doing now with bugs and rats and perhaps you could produce something that acts very much like a Zombie.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
the premise for the "undead" movies is has long been a source of fascination for me, and i think many others as well.

if it were considered ridiculous or impossible for humans to be animated after death i don't think the george A. romero films would have been successful, but something about zombies does seem credible.

i think the "dawn of the dead" zombies were affected with some sort of alien virus that altered cell structure somehow, causing the brain of the dead person to function in "zombie" mode.
but what about in the "real" world?

as ghastly as it seems, it might be possible to keep the nerves in a human body functional for awhile after death, possibly allowing for some sort of remote controlled "zombie" to exist. the challenge is to arrest the chemical changes in the rest of the body [decomposition], not so much achieve the use of the nervous system [which has been done with dogs and frogs]

not a pretty thought is it.

join