It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Word Document Won't Open

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I am trying to open a very important document in Word and it won't open. It's saying that it doesn't have a .DOC extension but several hours ago I had the file open and was able to type in it and save it. I have no idea what has happened to it. I've tried other word processors on my computer and I even sent it to my other computer and it won't open. Any idea why it's like this and could anything be done?

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Go to start:>settings>control Pannel>Folder Options> the view tab on top>8th checkbox down uncheck (hide extentions for known file types).

Check now is the document name something.doc?

when you did changes, you may have changed the name and accidently changed the extention back to doc.

right click the document name and choose "rename" and rename the document (document name).doc

After doing that it should take on the look of a word doc.

now try double clicking it and see if word will open it.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Thanks unfortunatly I cannot find the invisble version of the doc. I know what you refer to, I've seen them before and I may have accidently deleted this one's. I've begun to retype it and luckily I have my notecards.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
MrMonsoon is right, I do it all the time. All you have to do is rename the file and be sure to put .doc at the end. Chances are that if you could change the extension in the first place, you must already be able to view the extensions.

new topics

top topics

join