It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with Non-Lethal weaponry prototypes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Ok, as you may or may not be aware I am an inventor, in my spare time of course.

Ive recently come up with and am in the process of developing prototypes of two separate designs of alternative, non-lethal weaponry.

That being all well and good, i realise i have no experience in anything to do with the military, and just wondered how one approaches them with something like this. ('them' being extremely vague of course)

Would someone perhaps with a military background, or just knowledge of anything from marketing to arms dealing (please, i ask no terrorists
) just point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If anyone is going to be interested in NLW it's going to be the Police. Why not knock out a letter to your local Chief Constable/Chief of Police et al, this might be a step in the right direction.

Being an inventor yourself, I dare say I don't have to remind you of the importance of patenting your products.

Once you have some interest in the law enforcement community, you may not have to approach big companies who will no doubt have no intentions of your best interests.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
My 2 cents as an Engineer, Inventor and Soldier
Try to scout out some smaller manufacturers who are making police/riot gear, but nothing quite in the same field as your invention and ask if they are interested or know some routes to get your invention ahead... Major corporations will most likely either ignore you or wxploit you.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Oh thanks
Police would be more likely to take an interest in Non-lethal weaponry, and whilest i dont imagine a lone city police would usually take on an....unorthodox weapon, i am sure that if he finds anything i send him interesting or intriguing, then he can send my details onto the main department (wherever these things get decided).

So yea thanks for that
and your right if that were to happen it wouldnt be me personally who approaches a big company, as the info and my details would be passed on, and they'd approach me.

And yes dont worry i know all about patents, after a previous instance of a person making copies of plans for a more experimental project i am working on. (my patent for that hasnt gone through yet to my dismay
) but thats a whole other, long story, i wont bore you with the details

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
clever idea actually, skimming along the edge of the market, going to a company which indirectly relates to the industry i want to sell the project to, as not to run into problems, nice

top topics

join