It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loneliness Leads To Mischief and Weirdness?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Spending so much time alone (fiance is in Iraq) that find myself spending more time online and on this site! I am getting paranoid and weird. Starting to really enjoy learning about alternative stuff like nlp and hypnosis too. Can I become addicted to hypnosis? Its an escape for me now. Yikes!

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think that lonliness canb ecome a disease in and of itself. While I have sympathy for your emptiness in life right now, try to go out and get more involved in the "real world".
Volunteer at a :
church
library
hospital
nursing home
day care

be a:
Big Sister
Girl Scout Leader
Mentor
Tutor

Or just get out and socialize. Becoming informed and educated is great, but it should never consume your life. Go out and LIVE!

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Heh, I know exactly how you feel. I'm bloody lonely as hell. I think it's cause people need people. Your not weirding out. Your in need of affection and Iraq is far from home. I guess your counting the days when your tour is over.
You better get out of Iraq soon or else you'll go lucid.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If you miss something you feel alone but if you need space it can heal.
It works both ways, people take holidays to get away from it all to clear their minds. Its when you ask to be alone you can cope not when something is taken away. You need to think big think about if the world could lead to WW3 what would you do? What if birdflu came along how would you cope? Fill the mind with bigger things, not about negative stuff but if you feel negative try and find a way to channel your thoughts to something that effects everybody. Or if you need space close your self from noise and hetic experiences.

new topics

top topics

join