It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service Agents Say Cheney Was Drunk When He Shot Lawyer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

From Capitol Hill Blue

A written report from Secret Service agents guarding Vice President Dick Cheney when he shot Texas lawyer Harry Whittington on a hunting outing two weeks ago says Cheney was "clearly inebriated" at the time of the shooting.

Agents observed several members of the hunting party, including the Vice President, consuming alcohol before and during the hunting expedition, the report notes, and Cheney exhibited "visible signs" of impairment, including slurred speech and erratic actions, the report said.
According to those who have read the report and talked with others present at the outing, Cheney was drunk when he gunned down his friend and the day-and-a-half delay in allowing Texas law enforcement officials on the ranch where the shooting occurred gave all members of the hunting party time to sober up.

We talked with a number of administration officials who are privy to inside information on the Vice President's shooting "accident" and all admit Secret Service agents and others saw Cheney consume far more than the "one beer' he claimed he drank at lunch earlier that day.

"This was a South Texas hunt," says one White House aide. "Of course there was drinking. There's always drinking. Lots of it."

Continued....

After he hid out for a day, and MSNBC kills its own news articles you would think the cover-up would be complete.

That said CHB has not always been reliable.

Any way to confirm this?

[edit on 22-2-2006 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
No. No way to confirm this because the Secret Service kept the local deputy sheriff from interviewing Mr. Cheney after the accident.

I wonder, if you or I had accidentally shot a guy, do you think we'd be able to tell the cops to go away until tomorrow?

That nobody is above the law is as basic a tenet of American belief as it gets. This is an example of the amazing arrogance of the current administration.

On top of that, what do you think it costs the taxpayers to have a fully equipped medical team follow the vice-president on these little huntin'-'n'-drinkin' trips?

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have a bridge to sell you for $50.00.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2

I'll take two, please.

Anyone know a good contractor to build toll booths?

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I beleive it. In fact, I'd like to see some sort of evidence that he hadn't been drinking. That'd be the extraordinary claim, that cheney, who's a good ol boy from wyoming, was in texas with his private friends, out huntin', and wasn't drinking. Absurd. Show me a BAC test that confirms he was sober, otherwise, the proper assumption is that he'd been drinking. Bush, perhaps not, Bush has had a problem with alcohol, and apparently he's overcome it, so I could beleive he wasn't drinking. But Cheney? Hell no.
Plus, him having had a few drinks is the best explanation for there being a delay in making a statement, appearing in public, and, also, shooting his hunting buddy. Don't most hunting accidents involve alcohol anyways?

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
(I have heard Cheney\Haliburton Already Bought "london Bridge". Since there was oil underneath. Source: My insider "friends".)

(Note: 1 drink of Beer can make a Coumadin Using person "drunk". So while the story might be true. I would hope there would be more verification then mere Speculation from Anonymous sources.)

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I am definatedly sold on this one. I mentioned it in other threads.

I also eluded to the fact that this "port" thing might be a coverup story just to keep the alledged criminal VP protected till it blows over.

This way, Cheney will go undetected, the port story will be resolved.

Good moves.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
dgtempe,

I see it the other way. The shooting incident is the flashing lights and whistles to the back room deals and policy being slipped to us. These PR freeks think this way. We'll hold off telling the press, that'll get their panties in a wad, so for the next several days the press will whine on what the white house isn't doing as to what they are doing.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Yiaweta,

Possible, the trick is to cancel each other story out in the end.

They are masters at that.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I read in the Detroit Free Press that the victim failed to identify himself when walking in to the area occupied by the VP. Was it because he was inexperienced or drunk? Has he taken hunters safety?

Was the VP drunk? Why didn't he notice all the orange underneath the head he was shooting at? He might of had one beer, but the weak heart and meds could have made it seem like 3 or 4. Anyway you look at it, a guy with a heart as week as the VP's should not be out chasing down birds with a shotgun and a small group of "financial freinds."

Good thing he isn't the president, he might accidentally drop a cache of chemical weapons in Tony Blair's face and upper chest area. Who knows how long he would keep that a secret, or maybe even blame it on someone else.

Jeff

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

Originally posted by ferretman2

I'll take two, please.

Anyone know a good contractor to build toll booths?

............uh....halliburton ?

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It is well-known in Washington circles that Cheney is a very heavy drinker. Also, Doug THompson, the editor at Capitol Hill Blue, is a recovering alcoholic with 11 years time clean and sober. I doubt very much that a recovering alcoholic would ever make such a charge unless he had verified it. I dont know any truly sober alcoholic who would make such an accusation unless they were dead sure aboaut it.
Doug Thompson has been around DC for a very long time, he knows alot of insiders.

-Forestlady

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Come on guys. Hunting without beer is like fishing......without beer.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

"CIA warned that the vice president ......... "possessed the capabilities and intentions to spray a senior citizen with projectiles fired from a shotgun or other weapon."

www.theonion.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by richardsville
Was the VP drunk? Why didn't he notice all the orange underneath the head he was shooting at?

It's possible he just didn't mean to shoot. Maybe he wasn't shooting at all, but started to drop the gun and his finger cought the trigger. Maybe he was gesturing with the it and accidently pulled the trigger.

Yeah, he says he was shooting at a bird, but after reading all the reports, I don't believe that. It was a careless accident by a drunk man.

new topics

top topics

join