It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the ATS TV show ruin ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
So many things are ruined by money, attention and by being "overdone". Look at what has happened to music and sports. Money, especially, has ruined sports and the music industry. Will an ATS television show bring so much attention to the web site that ATS will become a joke?

Just think of all the noobs that will come to this site. Now there is nothing wrong with noobs. it's great that they come here and bring fresh opinions but, as it stands right now, the people who come to ATS are coming here because they are genuinely interested in learning about the strange things that go on in the world. They come here because they have opinions. But with the TV show, a lot of ppl will be coming here because "it's the thing of the moment".

Will ATS be "beefing" up their mods to control the influx of noobs? Will ATS tighten up their procedures to join? Or will ATS actually charge money to join? All that I know is that something should be done NOW before there are so many noobs on this site that it becomes the "joke" that I can foresee in my minds eye.

[edit on 2/21/2006 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I agree I hope this does not turn into a site with a bunch of noobs going around saying things like OMG!! are aliens realy real?, I came here because I saw the TV show! ETC...

new topics

join