It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Pudding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Fried?

Boiled?

Never?

Discuss

(JIC you've never had the pleasure www.bbc.co.uk... )

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Ohhh i'm getting hungry just thnking bout it....the best way to enjoy is big fried slabs of the stuff with a fried egg, between two doorstops of fresh bread and plenty of HP sauce...almost as good as bacon butties...mmmmm!

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
NEVER!

My family was always a big fan of it when I was a child. The first time I was punk'd hard!

I was told if I wanted some pudding to cmon out and have a bite. I come running all excited.. grabs a spoon and all set to chow down. Then to my horror I see this mess in the frying pan.

I gave it a chance but my god, I have had farts smell better than that tasted.

Maybe some day I'll give it a chance, but I am still haunted by that day.

:shk:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Wow.... Thanks for bringing this up! Now im hungry. As a Brit living in the States... this is one thing I miss! Close second being pork pies!
Sunday mornings.... huge fry up after a night on the sauce... mmmmmm

Anyone know of cheap air tickets???

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
For sure, a good frie up Sunday morning, along with 2 hours of Coronation Street.
There are just a few places around where I live who sell it.
One fish and chip shop I go to sells it fried in batter, very good too

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I heard that they are made from a dead animals blood, is there any truth in this. If it is true, i'm glad that I haven't even touched one!

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It is true, see the link in the very first post.

Black pudding

Black pudding, as made in the UK, is a blend of onions, pork fat, oatmeal, flavourings - and blood (usually from a pig). As long as animals have been slaughtered to provide food, blood sausages like black pudding have been in existence. Sources indicate that the corpulent sausage had its origins in ancient Greece, and Homer's Odyssey makes poetic reference to the roasting of a stomach stuffed with blood and fat.

Incidentally I have decided to try as many varied foods as possible lately and a friend had some of this...
    ..uughhh
I thought it was revolting.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
blood pudding is by far one of the best tasting foods on the planet.

It is what makes a big fry-up complete. I used to buy it every weekend from ButnBen and thoroughly enjoyed it with some sausage, eggs, stewed tomatos, mushy peas and toast. MMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

However, after attending a couple sermons on the importance of blood and blood in the Bible, I decided it was probably in my best interest to give it up.

mmmmmmm... I miss it so much.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You know, I once read something that went like this:

The best of all possible worlds would be a British house, a Chinese cook, an American salary and a Japanese wife.

The worst of all possible worlds would be a Japanese house, a British cook, a Chinese salary and an American wife.

After reading this thread I now understand the part about the british cook.

Love and light my friends,

Wupy

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Speaking from experience there mate or just repeating old cliches from the war?

Food in the UK is generally very good and we have a greater variety of food than many other places. Certainly far better than US food IMO

BP - fried in a bit of chilli oil on a fried egg sandwich - yum!!

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous
Speaking from experience there mate or just repeating old cliches from the war?

I'm just speaking from the quote I listed in my post. I've never been to war or even had authentic British food.

The post was meant to be humorous, sorry if I offended.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
No worries mate.

It's just this view in US that UK food is bad (stems mainly from the war when we were on ration and compared to the variety of food in the US it was, obviously, bad). It's often-repeated and not true nowadays.

In fact we have loads of great food & restraunts and it's often better than food in France or other countries with an inflated reputation

JAK

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   
This makes for intersting reading:

Jak

new topics

top topics

join