It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tag Search Engine Button/Link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hello

I think it would be very useful to create something to go to the Tag search feature page of ATS. It could be a new button, or a link in the existing search button, or something like that. Even if i think it is still beta, this tag search engine is a powerful tool.

Please tell me what do you think.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
When the new tag system started SkepticOverlord had said something along the lines of having 25% of the threads tagged to implement the new search function. I just took a look and we have 23.4% of the threads tagged, so we should see something soon.

I think that having a search bar on the main pages would also encourage more members to place tags. As people start to use the system they will be more inclined to add tags to threads that lack the terms they were searching for, and that will improve the whole system.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
...along the lines of having 25% of the threads tagged to implement the new search function. I just took a look and we have 23.4% of the threads tagged, so we should see something soon.

You know, I was thinking about this and why don't we make it mandatory for the person who creates a thread to tag it? Make it so the thread won't post unless the author provides a tag. I see a mess of new threads without tags, including my own.

Peace

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The Love Doctor has a good idea here.

How frustrating would that be at first who a member who spends a while putting together a thread, only to post it and it to say You need to tag it. All of his work down the drain probably.

Just like if the thread name is already taken.

I am all for that idea though, would not see a drastic rise in the number of tags but you would never see a new thread not tagged. This would keep the % from going down.

top topics

join