It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immortality drugs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well I just saw the teaser for the upcoming movie Resident Evil: Apocolypse. Now if any of you dont know the whole concept behind Resident Evil, its about a British company that develops an anti aging drug, or cell reguvinating drug that has a side effect and turns its victims into "zombies". While I know this is just a sci fi movie I started to wonder if we couldnt develop a similair drug, since science has proven that basically the reason our body deteriorates is because it is encoded into our dna (telomares is an enzyme that is supposed to be a part of the aging process.) However the idea of "zombies" I doubt would ever happen, but you never know.

[Edited on 5-10-2003 by daeldren]

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
i thought the reason you age was because co2 levels build up in your cells over time because of breathing... so basically breathing kills you...

i though about maybe an algi type injection or nano machines that would seek out and destroy or use up the co2 in your body therefore prolonging your life...

you might be right im pretty sure your dna has somthing to do with it too..

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
An immortality pill, especially if it were cheap and effective would be the most dangerous thing that could befall mankind.

Imagine the population explosion.

Imagine the wealth concentration among the first to recieve the drug.

Imagine the temptation for procrastination.

I can't think of anything particularly good coming from this.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
yet another show on the discovery channel said they found a way to

"trick" our reproductive system into making our bodies keep us from aging

they tested this on mice and the lived untell they got sick and died

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
another issue would be that if in fact the "spirit" is real, what would be the side effects of this? I also believe that immortality could be horrible especially if put into the wrong hands.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
ahh yes living untell the world gets destroyed

would drive anyone nuts

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
DHEA (McPherson Labs Fountain of Life� Micron 5 DHEA�) Online Store :

www.dhea.com...

Fountain of Life ?

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
another approach to immortality would be brain scanning using nano robots. Instead of worrying about the body decomposing they could just create a digital image of you to be placed in a new body or even a digital world (ala matrix: creepy huh!) would be created. Here is one article I found on the concept

www.rense.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
that would be crazy

itll take alot of computer power to make the matrix

they would have to use 1gig byets

thatlly be like 10000000 trilen tragabytz

nah ferget it its inposible the world would end before there was a real matrix

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
...Those who are saying that the aging process is coded into our DNA are not telling the truth?,what if it was something specific that set the process in motion and they knew what it was?.
We all know who has access to the truth above the common man.
Hmmmm.
it would be interesting to know the absolute truth,wouldn't it?,but you have to be realistic,you have to realise that money will influence people to do the most dastardly deeds.
In this world,only the most evil,corrupt and least deserving would be in possession of such knowledge or technology.
Except the Most High.

[Edited on 5-10-2003 by uNBaLaNCeD]

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
actually, the biggest proponent of aging is oxygen...Have you ever heard of the "anti-oxidants" in certain foods & vitamins? What aging basically is, is when your cells deteriorate as your cells use oxygen to contine functioning...Anti-oxidants are supposed to reduce that deterioration. In other words, you need to breathe oxygen to live, but that same oxygen breaks down your body very slowly...Similar to the way metals rust.

So I guess you *might* say that people don't just die; They just rust away...

...Then again, you *might not*...

top topics

join