It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solomon's Temple Rebuilt In Iraq not Israel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This is just speculation and not thoroughly researched enough. But I wanted to see what others might think about it.

======================

Regarding the abomination of desolation: (Mark 13:14)

But when ye shall see the Abomination of Desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judea flee to the mountains.

A lot of biblical scholars believe this is the rebuilding of Solomon's temple in Israel. But what if it isn't built in modern Israel which was formed within the last 100 years. What if it is really Iraq, also referred to as the craddle of civilization. What if the land of Israel was propogated to mislead or fool people. And the references to the land of the chosen people goes back to Mesopotamia or modern day Iraq?

When you think about Iraq, what comes to mind? Babylon, Euphrates/Tigris rivers?

About the Tigris River

(from The Eerdmans Bible Dictionary)
The Tigris is mentioned as one of the branches of the river flowing out of the garden of Eden (Gen. 2:14 KJV). Daniel saw one of his visions while standing on the bank of the Tigris (Dan. 10:4).
Important ancient cities on the Tigris included Nineveh, Calah, and Assur.

About the Euphrates

According to Gen. 2:14 the Euphrates was the fourth river connected with the garden of Eden, which would suggest that Paradise was located in Mesopotamia. Often the river was cited as the eastern boundary of the region promised to Abraham as his descendants' inheritance (gen. 14:18, Deut. 1:7; 11:24; Josh. 1:4). Under David and Solomon 2 Sam. 8:3) and perhaps under Jeroboam II 2 Kgs. 14:25).

In the book of Revelation the Euphrates is the locale of future divine judgements. Here four angels are kept to be loosed one day and destroy a large number of unbelievers (Rev. 9:14). In another instance an angel pours God's bowl of wrath into the river, causing it to dry up and provide passage for a military force from the east (16:12).

Despite their early relation to both Palestine and Egypt, the people of Israel were aware of their ultimate Mesopotamian (read Iraq) origin. (Gen. 11:26-31; 24:10; Acts 7:2).

About Mesopotamia

The region between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers (Gen. 24:10, Deut. 23:4) roughly equivalent to modern Iraq and northeastern Syria.

It's not like there is a large temple/fortress like construction project going on in Iraq is there? One that is said to be the most secure Temple in the world?

================
corpwatch.org...

"Indeed, the massive $592-million project may be the most lasting monument to the U.S. occupation in the war-torn nation. Located on a on a 104-acre site on the Tigris river where U.S. and coalition authorities are headquartered, the high-tech palatial compound is envisioned as a totally self-sustaining cluster of 21 buildings reinforced to 2.5 times usual standards. Some walls as said to be 15 feet thick or more. Scheduled for completion by June 2007, the installation is touted as not only the largest, but the most secure diplomatic embassy in the world.

The 1,000 or more U.S. government officials calling the new compound home will have access to a gym, swimming pool, barber and beauty shops, a food court and a commissary. In addition to the main embassy buildings, there will be a large-scale Maine barracks, a school, locker rooms, a warehouse, a vehicle maintenance garage, and six apartment buildings with a total of 619 one-bedroom units. Water, electricity and sewage treatment plants will all be independent from Baghdad's city utilities. The total site will be two-thirds the area of the National Mall in Washington, DC."

===================================
===================================

The conspiracy theory here is five fold:

1. Is it possible that the Rebuilding of the Temple could occur outside of the percieved land of Israel?

2. Is it possible that the land believed to once have the Garden of Eden is really the chosen land of God? Why would God choose to start civilization there yet have the holy land of Israel somewhere else? Especially if they know that is their "origin" or homeland.

3. Why is the current land of Israel the perceived holy land? My speculation would be that it's believed Jesus was crucified there and it's more tied to that. Yet that doesn't make it holy land or the chosen land does it? If Jesus was crucified in Russia or India that doesn't change the origin of God's people. Just seems like something to consider.

4. If the Temple was in fact rebuilt with an attempt to be magnificent and luxurious, what better way than in the form of an Embassy? Is there really another way to get a foreign group into a region, build a massive complex and put someone at the helm? Or are people really expecting a massive church/traditional temple to be rebuilt in this global politically correct economy?

5. As big as America is on pagan symbolism, what is the likeliness of a $500+ million dollar embassy not having some sort of pagan statues or "art" around? Possibly something representing "freedom" like giant statues with eagles on them similar to what the Romans did with the last temple?

I wanted to again point out that this is speculation based on a random thought process and not for anyone to base their faith on. And honestly I haven't read and studied my bible in quite some time so there is a lot of information that I'm likely missing or taking out of context. So please take these comments lightly until there is some real recourse for discussion on it.

[edit on 19-2-2006 by Samsonite]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
nice thought balloon you've brought to the party Samsonite

here's a few tidbits to mull over as your idea grows & develops...

the Tigris & Euphrates originate in the eastern mountains of Turkey
(also an obscure site for the fabled Eden)
in Turkey the Dicle (Tigris) and Firat (Euphrates) flow southward
across the Arabian Platform & into Syria and Iraq (Babylon)

there is a big difference between the 10 northern tribe/nation "Israel"
and the southern tribal kingdom "Judea"
and then one has to juggle the 2 geopolitical States during Daniels' time
with the present, & confusing, Israel (a Jewish State) of today...
they are not interchangeable. The Israel created in 1948 is really a misnamed Judea, imo

the 'fortress', 'compound', you link is an intriguing item.
because if one uses the ancient & longstanding description of just what constitutes a "Temple" = an area enclosed by walls, but having no roof, so ones attention is toward heaven(s) and the everyday world is 'outside'

but, that particular temple, might only be one of the 'strongholds' which the Beast (of Rev.) Honors, as a god,...
and is not the possible "3rd Temple" you have seemed to imply it is.

i like your 3 points of conspiracy theory; i take a off-the-cuff stab at it.

1. tradition & the priestly tribe say that the Holy threashing floor for wheat
which the first & second Temples were built on...is the Holy ground, and therefor the 3rd Temple must include or incorporate that particular threashing floor (where the 'wheat' is seperated from the 'chaff/tares')

2. the Anatola region of Turkey, way back in the dim past & around the neolithic age was considered the Eden region...later when civilization grew and cities born around the mesopotamia land (aka Babylon) did the notion of the cradle-of-civilization become intertwined with the Edenic beginnings.

3. the remaining tribes of israel, Judah & Levites, either lucked out/ divine intervention/ or thru zionism....caused the present 'Israel' to be created from out of trans-Jordan land. the Judah-Levite tribal people and their G-d
consider their land holy, and the 'lost tribes' as worldly and Magog/Gog..
**understand that the whole concept is intentionally kept nebulous and amphorous, so that the mystical-religious miasma drama interplays
Torah & Talmud...............or something to that effect, for the ultimate purpose of tribal survival and continuance

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   
This reminds me of a song I was listening to recently and it's starts with this...

It is written of the last days, a new world leader will rise up, rebuild Solomans Temple and usher in three and a half years of world peace under a new Roman Empire. And possesed by satan he will embark on a reign of terror until the Lord comes and destroys him, The final battle between Heaven and Hell approaches!

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DodgeG1
This reminds me of a song I was listening to recently and it's starts with this...

It is written of the last days, a new world leader will rise up, rebuild Solomans Temple and usher in three and a half years of world peace under a new Roman Empire. And possesed by satan he will embark on a reign of terror until the Lord comes and destroys him, The final battle between Heaven and Hell approaches!

That sample is used in "Battle 22" by a band called "Ugress", as well.

www.ugress.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Map of Green Zone
Satellite images of Embassy site

No surprise we moved right into the Presidential Republican Palace. I wonder if this will be torn down or if they will build on the empty spot out back?

Either way I don't see this being The Third Temple.

[edit on 9-3-2006 by Malichai]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Samsonite, I love that you've brought this topic up because I've always wondered why 'they' keep keeping the story of creation in the middle east as those rivers were so named from the time of the super-continant and long before the division of the land in Peleg's time.

The rivers that carry those names today are just piddly little streams compared to the world encompasing river, and it's branches, of creation. Todays oceans perhaps?

With the current debates ragging about which peoples got where first, and so many conveniantly forgetting Australian Aboriginals have the longest continuous oral history, that most accept as 60,000 years (that so closely fits Genisis), I simply see it as the key to the great deception that challenges the truth of Holy Scripture.

It was written about and for the whole world, from beginning to end.

"Let him who reads, understand" is, to me, also a warning not to look in the wrong place for this major sign, and so not be deceived into following the false christ, when he seems to fit the bill.

I have alot more, too often overlooked, factiods that won't let me shake this idea (and oh how I've tried) but as so many like to hammer at supporting dogmas their faith and science hinge on, it will be quite a while before I can string them all together in a form the indoctrinated would be able to digest.

Got to go now but I do hope this topic gets some serious attention I can later join in discussing.

new topics

top topics

join