It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronica acts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Anyone here into electronica music? Or trance or house for that matter? Right now I'm really into this British electronica act called Hybrid. They're simply incredible. Imagine a blending of breakbeat percussions with progressive and housey rhythms, and then add a symphony orchestra (yes, they actually got an orchestra to play for them) on top of that. Mind blowing!

Their best track in my opinion is Finished Symphony, from the album Wide Angle (1999). There's two other really good tracks, or at least the ones I can't get out of my head in there, Theme from Wide Angle and Beachcoma.

Yeah, I got my nick from that track, it was playing through my head then, it still is.

Anyone else got any good electronica recommendations?

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hi Beachcoma,
I like a bit of trance, but i do like hard house if you like this type i can give you some good tracks to look out for. i do like it a bit more bangin though!

*at the moment i am listening to clubland extreme hard core the album and my fav track heartbeatz

[edit on 18-2-2006 by buckaroo]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Also look out for Adagio for strings by DJ Tiesto!(just be) this is just
got to be one of the biggest trance tracks out there.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If you like Tiesto's Adagio for Strings look out for Ferry Corsten's mixes. I listen to hard house as well, but I draw the line at happy hardcore.... soo irritating
:bnghd:

Or what about that Hong Kong version of hard trance. My God, who can listen to 240 bpm music??

Oh, yes, have you listened to any of Armin van Buuren's show a State of Trance? It plays Thursday nights around 9 pm (GMT) on di.fm

That is an excellent show, he's a DJ who's also a pretty good radio anouncer, kinda like BBC Radio One's Pete Tong.

[edit on 18-2-2006 by Beachcoma]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Yes your right there is a line that I dont like to cross either, I dont like the stupid Mc - ing(is this a word?)that goes with the whole happy hardcore thing. if theres some muppet (s) doing that on anything i wont listen. and also that stupid bupa bupa bupa base line

on armin van Buuren like his work ,as the rush comes my favourite of his work, I saw him do an epic set at gate crasher one time.

Ever listen to groove coverage? , there also favourites of mine , million tears and poison stand out,

I think that dance music as a whole has never been better than it is at the moment , its like a golden era for the genre .seems like most of the people on theese boards like your metal and hard rock and all that nonsence.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Hmmm... Groove Coverage... I'll have to check that out.

In my opinion the golden age of electronica really took off around 1998 and is continuing to rise at the moment. But I can't forget those those killer tracks of the late 90s and early 2000s like Delirium's Silence feat. Sarah McLachlan, Hybrid's Finished Symphony, Mike Koglin's The Silence, Digweed's Heaven Scent and Sasha's Xpander. When I first heard Xpander it absolutely blew my mind. Such a brilliant composition

I don't really mind metal rock, though. Actually I kinda like Gothic Metal. It sounds like rock infused with the essence of electronica, like rock guitar riffs and trance synth layers. That may explain why I'm ok with Goth

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I like Traffic from Dj Tiesto more then Adagio for Strings. Faster paced

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Poison
I like Traffic from Dj Tiesto more then Adagio for Strings. Faster paced

And lethal industry

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Traffic kinda reminds me of one of Benassi's tracks in his album 'The Biz'. I can't remember what the name of the track is though....

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I realy do not listen to much Electronica music. However if you have the chance.

Pick up a "Bonobo" album. I like them a lot.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Gahhh
*drool*

YES !
Dont even get me started !

You should check out :Wumpscut:
Unter Null
Front 242
Dont even get me started
I could go on FOREVER !

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Hey Beachcoma

yea Hybrid is sweeeeeeeeet!!!
and i think i agree with you Finished Symphony is one grand track!

anyways... check out
Infected Mushroom
Astral Projection
BT
Paul Van Dyk
Paul Oakenfold

those are just a few... IM and AP are more GOA trance... which is also known as PSY trance... pretty sweet stuff.

and yea Armiin's show is pretty sweet i enjoy it.

new topics

top topics

join