It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you go to relax on a Saturday night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Here it is, another Friday night. For me, it's a Friday night in London, Ontario Canada. Now London, Ontario is not what one would call a big city, unless, of course, you happened to live in a smaller one (sic).

Anyway, here in London, ON Canada, when I'm eager to get out on a Saturday night to relax (I'm married so my priorities are different), I like to go to

London Music Club. On Friday nights, it's an "open mike". But believe me, it's not the typical "open mike" one would find. As the London Music Club is a club that actively promotes "live music", primarily the blues and folk, the players are often than not, superb. Oh chances are you never heard of any of the players but they are usually older and have a lifetime of experience playing in bands, in bars and pubs. Needless to say, the variety and quality of the music is always great.

Where do you go, wherever you might live, to "chill", relax and enjoy a Friday night?

[edit on 2/17/2006 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Open mic nites are great fun for the performers and listeners. I participate in at one of our local beer joint on tuesday. On sat, I play in the house band at the same place but it usually turns into and open mic too as all the local musicians, family, groupies, dancers and drinkers like to come and relax just like you and me BT.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well for me on a friday evening I chillout at the pub, nothing fancy or special just the three p's.

edit: Although tonight I'm off to watch a gig in Birmingham

[edit on 18-2-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Monks Cafe if I'm down town.

Otherwise, if I'm not out getting crazy, I'm playing poker either at a friends house or at the Borgata in Atlantic City.

new topics

top topics

join