It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photoshop Error I need help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Photoshop wont start:

It says ' Photoshop cannot initalize as the ICC profile is invalid'

It is Photoshop CS.

I am on an
IBM t21 laptop
386 MB RAM
800 mhz processor

can anyone help?

Cheers

Dan

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Update your Java at www.java.com... then reinstall JAlbum.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Sounds like a bad install. You can reinstall PS or mess with the your Adobe gamma control.

Run Adobe gamma control from control panel, load the sRGB profile (sRGB Color Space Profile.icm), adjust to your needs and resave it. Backup the old one just in case before you write over the top of it.

Photoshop CS: "Invalid ICC profile" ???
www.forum4designers.com...

ICC profiles in Photoshop 6.0 and later
www.adobe.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
BDP,

Did you upgrade to CS from a prior version of Photoshop? If so, then your answer may be as simple as this:

Copy the Color settings file from

C:\Documents and Settings\"your user name"\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Color Settings.csf

to

C:\Documents and Settings\"your user name"\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\9.0\Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings\Color Settings.csf

The folder "Local Settings" is, by default, a hidden folder. If it's not visible then you will need to enable "show all files and folders" from the Folder Options applet.

Again, this applies only if you have upgraded from a prior version of Photoshop.

Hope it helps, otherwise, please let us know how you make out.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Its gotten worse, now I tunes is not working, it says my library is damaged...
I think its a bigger problem than I first thought.

I have done all you said about photoshop, but it didnt work, so I have bitten the bullet and upgraded to CS2 and it works fine but now, itunes , is not working.

This is vexing me muchly!

Dan

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
BDP,

I believe Itunes has a "repair" feature built into their uninstall through control panel. "Change / "Remove" I think it is.

Use the "change" button and you should be presented with an option to "Repair" the installation. If not, there's always reinstall?! :shk:

? Let us know ?

new topics

top topics

join