It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of a ghost or animal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Forgive if this has been posted on here somewhere, I browsed the latest threads and did not see it.

The video is from Ebaums world, and shows a guy videotaping in a graveyard (should point out, it is Spanish or similar).

The title is 'ghost girl', although I was tempted to put it under Cryptoids as I can't tell what it exactly it resembles. You be the judge.

Should also mention it could all be a hoax, but none the less.... it is somewhat frightning and the guy geniunely seems petrified.

www.ebaumsworld.com...

Real or Hoax?

Ghost or Cryptid?

All comments welcomed.

(again, if this has already been discussed here, my appologies. Please provide link to discussion so I may read, thanks)

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The first noise that causes him to turn the camera round sounds a lot like an owl. When he focuses in you can definately see someone dressed in white, sat down, arms crossed on their knees, just to the left of the statue.

Now as to whether it's fake or not, I dont know. But consider a few points.

The first sentence that is translated on the ebaum site is "Everything is completely real". That does strike me as a strange thing to say in the middle of the night, in a graveyard with a video camera. If it was said before he saw the 'ghost' it's as if he's execting something to happen. It also seems a strange thing to say whilst running away.

The overdubbed sound effects at the critical moment don't help it's credibility, but on the other hand ebaumsworld is known for stealing content from other sources and it does look like it's ripped from a TV show.

We also don't know the background. Was he completely alone in the graveyard, or did he have friends near by. The dodgy 'stock' women's scream at the end of the clip left me feeling unconvinced. It could have been friends near by, it could have been another overdub by whichever TV company broadcast it. Of course, it could have been the ghost, but i'm not so sure

Real or not..I don't know. It does however 'feel' like a hoax. Sorry I can't be more scientific

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Hey Grail if you want to see some other Ghost clips I've been collecting them HERE...

Take a look.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Sorry to burst any bubbles, but this is not a paranormal video. The man who appears is known as Facundo and is a not-very-popular TV host in Mexico, specializing in juvenile pranks and toilet humor.

I hadn't seen this video before, but I'm willing to bet it's some kind of parody, or maybe a staged "ghost" to shock the 13 year-olds who watched the show.

Taken out of context, I'll admit it's kinda creepy... [Smile]
SNOPES

I don't think you can take anything seriously from Ebaum's World.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
they are in a cemetary ---- cross tombstones every where .

Point is -- Do ghost eyes reflect light ??.

and why bother to add the sound effect at the same time she turns her head .
that in itself implies , someone sat down and took the time to add a dramatic effect to the vid . ... Why ?. the vid itself would stand on its merits... no need to add sound effects unless your intentionaly trying to dramatise the vid . wich in my opion makes it - fake .

and yes night vision will make you look like you have refelctive eyes.

but on a ghost ?

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I believe that if it is real that the entity in question would not neccessarily be a ghost.If there was more paranormal activity in the area that would cause someone to bring a camera into it to record I am sure that,they might say that whatever happens is real.It looks good but I will do a study on it later.

Scarecrow

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
i've seen the video many times before and i must say its creepy.i would love for the video to be real but that sound effect just killed it for me *lol*
#1-what the hell is a guy doing with a video cam in a cemetery at 1:30am?

in the video he's talking to himself saying,dont be an idot,what is this man, why the hell is a child,"niña" as he says,doing in a cemetery at 1:30am.??????? duhhhhh why the hell you in a cemetery at 1:30am *lmao* anyways he hears something and focuses the cam on the girl,as shouts "Niña,Niña what's your name?? Niña" and the freagin lil exorcist girl *lmao* turns around and says " what are you looking for here imbecile, liberate me..... then he runs" he seemed to be calling his friends to come get him. if it's fake which i think it is just because of the sound effect,the man should win an oscar award *lmao* for the good acting.but you never know,i've seen some crazy stuff in cemeterys in the dominican republic so you never know. my take it's a FAKE!!

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm quite skeptic about it... but still i don't have any proof to say if it's real or a hoax.
Anyway, if it's real, i agree with my friend Toraylin: should the zone be particularly "active" in paranormal events, it would be quite understandable why the guy said that everything is real...

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
wow, spooky video!!

whoever (or whatever) it was, it was defaintly not an animal - was it a ghost?, i'm not sure!

the eyes looked really weird and what was that singing? (lalalalalala) lol

sounded WELLLL weird
like something out of a freddy kruger film (1, 2 freddys coming for you)

[edit on 18-2-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Thanks Curme.

It makes sense if a tv show is behind it somehow.

Too coincidental if they claim otherwise.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I beleive it is faked,people will do anything too become famous on the net nowdays also seemed he trying copy scene of Blair Witch Project Film

new topics

top topics

join