It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Proposed U.N. Decade Of Contact Would Establish Diplomatic Relations With Advanced E.T.s"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I did a ATS Search on this and didn't see that this was covered yet. Don't know how much validity there is to this but thought it at least worth while to bring up.

UNITED NATIONS, N.Y. - For the first time in almost 28 years, the United Nations General Assembly may be debating the issue of establishing diplomatic relations with advanced Extraterrestrial Civilizations that may now be visiting Earth.

On December 16, 2005, a Resolution to establish a United Nations Decade of Contact was formally transmitted to the incoming President of the General Assembly, H.E. Jan Eliasson of Sweden by a group of Non-Governmental Organizations, including the U.S.-based Disclosure Project, the Campaign for Cooperation in Space, and the Toronto Exopolitics Symposium.

U.N. General Assembly President Eliasson was Sweden's Ambassador to the United States from 2000 to 2005. Dr. Steven Greer, Director of the Disclosure Project, has held informal briefings on the Extraterrestrial presence with high-ranking United Nations officials.

exopolitics.blogs.com...

I had heard about a supposed 1978 U.N. attempt at contact (which is addressed in the article) but of course nothing has publicly come to light as a result. It's an intersting article if nothing else

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
We'll see if anything comes of it.

So far as I can tell the Disclosure Project has been nothing but Press Releases and that's all that ever seems to happen. All bark and no bite.

Here we have another major PR , so the track record is not that great for DP.

join