It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total war 2006 by Simon Pearson.(Fiction)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Has any one else read this book? its a fiction book by an ex-military man published in 1999.

Its all about a muslim alliance growing, with IRAN using a massive emp nuke to take out Israel, after Israel takes out all of the Iranians nukes bar one at a military display in Tehranan. Its interesting because of one view, and thats as Israel is about to launch a massive nuclear response, the US president ( A women) decides to abandon Israel and take out its nuclear detterent and hence leave it at the mercy of the Muslims. Russias role is that they supply Iran with a modified smallpox to use at the same time as the nuke, and Russia tries to take back its old block countries, thus using an Iranian emergency to further its own gains.

This book is damn spooky for being written 6 years ago.... especially one part. Iran fools Israeli defence by lobbing in loads of 'dummy' scuds way off target. When Israeli defences don't fire at them, they use this to launch the emp bomb...

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I read this book ,I lent it to a friend years ago and never got it back and could never remember the correct title or author, thanks!

from what I remember some of the books first chapters deal with a muslim uprising accross europe and the rise of more right wing governments in France and Germany as well as a missile strike on ...... was it Marseille?

The bits about Israel your right it is quite spooky , you could see some of it actually happening they were saturated with scuds from all sides and they eventually suffered huge civilian losses , I cant remember if they retaliated though did they launch the Jerihco missiles?

This is a great read I recomend it , say madgreebo do you have the isbn number mate i really want to get this book again

ps it is really strange you bringing this up i was only thinking about it earlier today,on the phone to the friend i lent it to who i haven't heard from in years(he was back in town and wanted to go for a drink) he coud'nt remember it or me lending it to him
spooky eh!

[edit on 12-2-2006 by buckaroo]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Here you go: ISBN 0 340 74856 7.

Yeah the Israelis manage to take out Tehran and a few other places till the USA decides to destroy the rest of the Israeli nukes.

Great book, especially after I read the thread on ATS about Iran exploding its missles at the right hieght and distance in practise to use as a viable EMP launch system.....

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Thank you very much,

yes i do remember that bit its a good plan especially if they only have one warhead what with the decoy launches etc could it be viable in real life, can the the Arrow II TMD and Patriot systems be over whelmed in such a way ie by multiple launches of Intermidiate range ballistic missiles from Iran Syria etc ? I mean Arrow II's command and control system can respond to 14 similtanious intercepts, but they only have so many reloads and no way of telling what kind of warhead a missile is carrying so in such a situation (facing huge numbers of incomings) would they have to be selective in there engagements ? and what cost could this have? in the book at least it was huge.

Thanks again madgreebo

top topics

join