It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hey guys do you think ariel sharon is dead?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
do you think ariel sharon has died? there's always a sporadic update on his "recovery", but i find that a little hard to believe...maybe he was assasinated? i dont know what to base that on, but perhaps because of his gaza pull-out plan success? or because there are certain rivals which would like to retake control of the government to initiate another occupation plan? or another military operation of such a scale?
I mean, this whole hospitalization thing and the fact that Hamas has just won the election is kind of close together, dont you think?
there's a lot of other things i can base this on, im just being theoretical here...

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think he is dead or will die soon, yes. And I don't think they'll announce this until after the election.

However, on the subject of assassination, I don't really have any theories. It's possible, but I don't really think so at the moment. I just haven't seen any real evidence that points to that. I don't throw out the possibility, though.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by LoganCale]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Here's a recent update on Sharon's condition.

www.ny times.com

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon of Israel underwent emergency surgery on his large intestine on Saturday and emerged in stable condition, though he remained in a coma, the Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital said.

Doctors observed that Mr. Sharon's abdomen was swollen, and after conducting a CT scan, he was taken into surgery on Saturday morning, Dr. Shlomo Mor-Yosef, the director of the hospital, said at a news conference. Surgeons found damage to part of his large intestine and removed about 20 inches, Dr. Mor-Yosef said.

Hospital officials initially said Mr. Sharon's life was in danger. But after the four-hour operation, Dr. Mor-Yosef said, "The situation is serious, it is stable, it is critical, but there is no immediate danger to the life of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Despite what the article says about Sharon's life being in danger, a comatose Prime Minister isn't the most effective leader, or maybe he is depending on your point of view. At 77, I don't see his prognosis as being all that good. I think they just want to keep him alive until the March elections and then his condition will be less politically critical. So far the Israeli politics have been stable since Sharon's stroke. It has been stated that extraordinary measures to keep Sharon alive would not be extended to most patients.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think he will die on Monday from complications. He's a bulldozer beyond repair.

top topics

join