It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Letters From Appeal Attorneys for Morales (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Attorneys for Michael Morales allegedly submitted fake testimony in the form of letters to the governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger. Jurors were questioned about the testimony contained in the letters and said they did not supply the comments contained int those documents. Kenneth Starr has not yet commented on the allegations, however, the other attorney for Morales, David Senior, stands by the documents as authentic and truthful.

news.yahoo.com

Lawyers for a death row inmate, including former Whitewater independent counsel Kenneth Starr, sent fake letters from jurors asking California's governor to spare the man's life, prosecutors said Friday.

The jurors denied they thought Michael Morales deserved clemency because some of the testimony at his trial may have been fabricated, said Nathan Barankin, spokesman for Attorney General Bill Lockyer.

"We showed each person the declaration on their behalf and they all said they didn't say that," Barankin said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I believe this is just one more push to liberalize California and eventually put an end to the death penalty altogether. Appealing to those who don't subscribe to the "eye for an eye" sentencing for special circumstances, it looks like an attempt by Starr and Senior to drum up support for the next one in line for execution, as with the Tukie Williams situation less than 2 months ago.

Those who supported Tukie's clemency request knew little about the crime or the vicitms. Jesse Jackson, who was vocal about saving Tukie's life, when asked, could not name any of the victims or the victim's family. The race card was played in this situation.

Claims were made that the testimony in Morales's trial was fabricated. I believe this was there only outlet since the race card could not be played.

Related News Links:
seattlepi.nwsource.com
www.latimes.com

[edit on 2-11-2006 by Valhall]

[edit on 2/11/06 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
"Lawyers for a death row inmate, including former Whitewater independent counsel Kenneth Starr"
------------------------------------------------------

this is the same upstanding, fair, brilliant legal mind that handled the monica mess, right????

my, how low the great has fallen!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
We went to a talk by one of the "anti death penalty" people who teaches at Stanford. He was asked point blank "Would you violate ethics in your defence of a death row inmate"? He did not hesatate when he said "Yes" but refused to elaborate on what that ment.

I believe that the anti crowd will not hesatate to stoop to these levels to further thier agenda. Embellishing some testamony woul dbe par for the cource.

The groups seem to be taking thier cue from the Pro Life crowd. rebuffed by the courts and the voters, they seem to be taking a whittle away approach.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I voted to fix the headline. Before seeing this article, I had no idea who Michael Morales was.

Whoops, I meant fix the intro, not the headline.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by jsobecky]

top topics

join