It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the outlook for precip in the desert states of the US?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Does anyone have any long range - or even short range - information on precipitation in Arizona?

I'm mainly interested in N/W Arizona, but I'm sure the Southern Arizona folks would like to hear something as well.

115 days without rain in Phoenix so far.

Here in the N/W, one rainstorm of about .2 and one five minute snowstorm in that time period.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Warmest valentines day on record here in NM. The sandhill cranes are circling above my house staging for their trip north as I type this post; About a month early. My asparagus and raspberries have all but dried up and died. Skiing is almost non existent except for man made snow; why bother! If we don't get some rain or snow soon the forest fires this spring and summer are going to be cataclysmic. Pray for rain!!

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Im down here in the valley and this afternoon the weather man said:
'it doesn't look good, if you are looking for rain this week or next'.

After moving here from Louisiana a couple years ago the lack of rain doesn't really seem to effect the desert life, although it was so beautiful last year when it rained over 7 inches during jan. and feb.
The mountains and desert turned green, amazing.

Tonight on the news they are doing a 'special investigation' segment about the drinking water here,
it's not fit to drink, and there is very little of it.

And the valley of the sun is one of the fastest growing areas in the world when it comes to housing and population.
What are people thinking?

Ahh, it will all come to a head soon.

new topics

join