It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can stars change colour? Or is it a UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Hello ATS'ers

Every night, I always see what looks like the north star, but slightly bigger just outside my bedroom window....Nothing too spectacular, but this thing just sits there flashing red, green, and silver over and over for hours....I was just wondering if stars can exhibit these lights, or if it could indeed be something else...One more thing is, that I got up at 4 A.M. to use the toilet, and I'm sure that I caught something in the sky fly at a tremendous rate of speed across my spare bedroom window, but it was out of the corner of my eye so i'm not sure.

I also have terrifying dreams that are the same every night... I am in my bed, and I get up looking for these lights, and I see one huge saucer, with smaller ones orbiting it in a pattern, I then quickly get my digital camera which has a super zoom (in my dream, im too poor for one in real life!) and every time i take a picture, it doesn't come out as what i see with my eyes, they consist of horrible pictures of London on fire, and half destroyed with mass armies marching, dead bodies, and unknown aircraft firing weapons on various cities and military installations..Other pictures are of the inside of crafts, and various beings going about scientific experiments on what looks like computer panels and they are planning something, its as if im spying on them.

My fiance keeps seeing the light mentioned above also but does not have the dreams.. I am going to film it tonight if it is there....it's probably just a star thats triggering these dreams and fantasies but it could be something more, perhaps someone with more knowledge can help...I'll keep everyone posted if i catch anything, my camcorder is a bit rubbish but ill do my best.

Cheers everyone,

JEDI

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If the star your looking at is in the south, than its likely to be Sirius.
Sirius is the brightest star in the sky and seems to flash, it does change colour as well.
Just google for Sirius.
Not sure about the dreams but this star has a lot of association with lots of old religions and beliefs.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It's just an effect of the light passing through our atmosphere - tends to be more notoiceable when the star is closer to the horizon.

The lower atmosphere, where we stand to view the stars, is mottled with pockets of varying density caused by rising and falling air parcels and strong horizontal winds. When the local air density changes rapidly with time, a condition termed turbulent, the light ray's path also alters rapidly. This slight but perceptible refraction bends the path one way, one moment, slightly different the next. This constant, but random shifting results in the star's image jiving and jiggling, fading in and out, and even changing colours before our eyes. This stellar dancing is what we call twinkling.

www.islandnet.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DARKJEDIG
Hello ATS'ers

Every night, I always see what looks like the north star, but slightly bigger just outside my bedroom window....Nothing too spectacular, but this thing just sits there flashing red, green, and silver over and over for hours....I was just wondering if stars can exhibit these lights, or if it could indeed be something else...One more thing is, that I got up at 4 A.M. to use the toilet, and I'm sure that I caught something in the sky fly at a tremendous rate of speed across my spare bedroom window, but it was out of the corner of my eye so i'm not sure.

I also have terrifying dreams that are the same every night... I am in my bed, and I get up looking for these lights, and I see one huge saucer, with smaller ones orbiting it in a pattern, I then quickly get my digital camera which has a super zoom (in my dream, im too poor for one in real life!) and every time i take a picture, it doesn't come out as what i see with my eyes, they consist of horrible pictures of London on fire, and half destroyed with mass armies marching, dead bodies, and unknown aircraft firing weapons on various cities and military installations..Other pictures are of the inside of crafts, and various beings going about scientific experiments on what looks like computer panels and they are planning something, its as if im spying on them.

My fiance keeps seeing the light mentioned above also but does not have the dreams.. I am going to film it tonight if it is there....it's probably just a star thats triggering these dreams and fantasies but it could be something more, perhaps someone with more knowledge can help...I'll keep everyone posted if i catch anything, my camcorder is a bit rubbish but ill do my best.

Cheers everyone,

JEDI

ok err im in the uk birmigham and every time i go to bed i see a star out the window and it flashes diff colours and it makes my eyes really squity!

and like 4 am in the morning i go to the toilet and i go to turn the light on and it blows the buld all over the back of my neck, good thing i never got a scrach...

thats weird but the next night i tryed somthing... i tryed to talk to the thing what ever it is with my mind and i told it to move to the bottom right of the window, even tho i never got any replies i just turned my head to the side and layed it down for like a minute or so and i poked my head back up and it moved some ware near but lower than what i asked, and i was like WTF

any erm... info on this?

top topics

join