It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knock knock ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Newbie here, just following protocol ... couldn't find the doorbell, so knocked on the door ...

How I found ATS? -- I am rather fascinated by the UFO/Extraterrasterial story. I heard the C2C broadcast about Serpo Project, and when reading on the Serpo site one day, I found a link or reference to ATS, and the rest, as they say, is Histoire ...

I personally have no shadow of a doubt that there is "intelligent life" in addition to homo sapiens for several obvious-to-me-reasons. 1) I have read and studied this for years, and there is just too much evidence of: captured and crashed ships, and both dead and live ET's, 2) Too many sightings and contacts for too many centuries all over the planet, and 3) Statistically and logically it is just impossible that in universe upon universe and galaxy upon galaxy that "we are alone". It would be quite arrogant and ignorant of us to think we are the only planet containing intelligent life ... And the token "debunkers" that they always seem to think they must have on any TV show about UFO's and ET's, are frankly, just extremely annoying!

I prefer to remain fairly annonymous, but I will give one fact about myself: I live in Phoenix, Arizona USA. And I have lived here for many years, so I was here during one of the most famous UFO sigtings, the so-called "Phoenix Lights", in 1997. I am very saddened to report to you that I did not see this mass sigting, observed by thousands and thousands here in "the Valley" ... However, if they invade my air space again, I have requested that they have the courtesy to phone me first ...

RE Serpo Project, through which I had the good fortune to find Above Top Secrret ... Serpo is in cardiac arrest ... too bad ... will the real Anon please step forward? Meanwhile, those whose scheme is to throw TRUTH under the bus and twist this into a large $$ making scheme (I need not mention names because you know who you are), may Captain Karma's sword be swift and sure.

I tip my hat to the creators, moderators, contributors, members, and lurkers of this site. I look forward to exploring and perhaps contributing when I feel I have someting worthwhile to offer. I would say that Information about what is actually going on in this and other worlds is somewhat akin to an Iceberg, i.e., the only part showing in our world is the 'Antique Media', if you will. They only report that small portion of what is going on, like the iceberg we see is only that tiny portion of the iceberg that we don't see. But it is much worse than that. Even what the AM reports is not white and pure and pretty like a real iceberg, as the AM are not reporters. They have forsaken their first ammendment responsibility and pursue their own agendas and the agendas of their own political masters whom they have chosen to be beholden to.

So with the advent of the Internet and other new venues, this forum and others, have (thankfully) broken the monopoly of the Antique Media, and allowed us other alternatives to share information and seek truth ... And that, my new friends, is a wonderful thing.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by AreaFiftyOne]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Wow, excelent intro AreaFiftyOne

Welcome to the ATS membership.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Glad you could find us here at the great ATS, enjoy your long stay!

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Thanx to Umbrax & SpittinCobra for the warm welcome!

There seems to be knowledgeable members in about every area discussed here. I'm very pleased to have stumbled upon this site, and look forward to continuing to explore and learn from it.

May Truth ultimately prevail!
Hubba Hubba!

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well well well...
Welcome to ATS... any problems, feel free to U2U me...

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS AreaFiftyOne, I am sure you will fit right it!

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Excellent First post...
no all caps,
no runtogethers,
are you an english Prof?

welcome and hope to see you on the boards.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the compliment on my english, Lazarus, but no, I'm not an English prof ... -- Just grew up in an earlier era and with an English teacher and parents who made me learn proper grammar (whether I wanted to or not)

I do find myself a little concerned with the slipping standard of grammar and spelling used today, even in publications, both printed and online. I suppose we can credit the laxness of the education of today's guv-mint (wrong spelling intended) schools for that ... I went to a public school, but I wasn't allowed to be a slacker (I'm glad for that now)!

Just a short follow-up to the 1997 famous 'Phoenix Lights' I mentioned in my intro that I unfortunately missed. I heard from friends later that it was amazing -- Many people were pulled over on the shoulder of the freeways and streets, stopped, out of their vehicles, and looking up. And the thing was so huge and moving so slow and low (and completely silent) that witnesses said it blocked out the sky. For days, local and state authorities were very nervous trying to figure out how to explain it away (that was hilarious to observe) ... I'm not trying to start a thread on this -- I know this intro thread isn't the time or place, and that no doubt there is a long discussion(s) on this board (which I shall look for) -- I'm just making an addendum to my initial mention of a local event -- providing a little local color, so to speak.

Thanks for the warm welcome! See you on the boards!

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Greetings,

Let me welcome you into the commonality known as ATS. It is with great amusement that I christen you an ATS'er after such an extensive time on the banks peering into the watercourse so to speak.

I only hope that we, as a community, can live up to the great expectations placed upon us, and every other tenderfoot constituent, that sets mouse and cursor upon the pilgrimage to "contradict unenlightenment" (DENY IGNORANCE).

With that I bid Godspeed to you and yours ATS. May we encounter one another again my friend in
benevolent banter as we deliberate conspiracy topics!

- One Man Short ®

PS. Beware. It is only common sense that ATS is being monitored…but by whom?

top topics

join