It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 1'st century battle ship. Fiction or Fact?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
OH i have found a video of the launch of the type 45 'HMS Darling'. You can see it HERE

Also if you go to www.type45.com... and click on launch on the time line you get a slide show of pics.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I think what they should do is take an aircraft carrier deck, and outfit it with hundreds of vertical launch tubes. Have those mixed with Aegis radar tracking and make it so that they can bombard tons and tons of targets. It would be like a ballistic missile submarine except with more firepower and easier defended, with better range due to the Aegis assistance I think it would be way more formidable than a destroyer, or battleship.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
picklewalsh - Does royalty often attend such events?
...and she should have pushed harder.

Its a good lookin ship...any hi-res pics?

Originally posted by truttseeker
I think what they should do is take an aircraft carrier deck, and outfit it with hundreds of vertical launch tubes. Have those mixed with Aegis radar tracking and make it so that they can bombard tons and tons of targets. It would be like a ballistic missile submarine except with more firepower and easier defended, with better range due to the Aegis assistance I think it would be way more formidable than a destroyer, or battleship.

The Arsenal Ship concept has been around awhile...but never brought to frutition. I agree with you that its a great idea.
But what do you mean easier defended???Subs are Really stealthy...and can launch there missiles while under water...cant really beat that.

But having a half dozen or so Arsenal Ships would be a great asset, as long as they have several layers of defense...and while they should be big...just not to big where if you loose one its a HUGE lost.

Heres a link with a few Arsenal Ship renderings.

Arsenal Ship

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
There IS a Sea Cat type ship and is used in the Australian Navy, It is also in the Janes book of special forces

Not sure what it is called but somthng like rapid assault craft?

They would also be a bit harder to torpedo since they are catamaran type ships

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join