It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sin City Booyah!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I know i'm a little behind time, but i saw Sin City on dvd the other day for the first time and was vey impressed!

I must say, IMO, as a reader of the Dark Horse comics this has got to be the best comic to cinema adaptation out there.

Frank Miller would have to be very happy......

..........your thoughts?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
They stayed too true to the comics. The only skit worth watch IMO in that whole movie was Violent Marv. Micky Rourke shined in that movie and frankely I'm surprised he hasn't been in anything else recently. He is easily just as good an action star as Vin Diesel and a much better actor to boot.

And lookie what I found here

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 7-2-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
OOh! Sin City 2?

Very excited! I can't say how much i enjoyed the first one..

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Yes I too have only just got round to watching it!

What a great film. You need to switch off completely to watch it to understand it I feel.

The graphics/animation is superb!

And there's some big name celebs in it too

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
For those in the California area there will be a Screening of Sin City presented by Frank Miller at WonderCon.

Comicbookresources.com

Frank Miller, the legendary creator of comics and film, will be on hand to host a benefit screening of his hit film Sin City this Sunday at the Act 1 & 2 Theater in Berkeley. Occurring in conjunction with his appearance at WonderCon, Miller will be on hand to introduce the film, take questions, and reveal some tidbits about the upcoming sequel. This special screening will benefit the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, comics' longest running non-profit organization, chartered to defend the field's First Amendment rights. A reception will be held at Comic Relief of Berkeley immediately following the screening.

Tickets for this special benefit screening are $15, and are available at the theater box office and from the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund's table at WonderCon. The screening will begin at 7 PM.

The Act 1 & 2 is located at 2128 Center Street (just east of Shattuck), Berkeley, CA 94704. Their phone number is 510.464.5980.

Comic Relief is located at 2026 Shattuck Ave, Berkeley, CA 94704. Their phone number is 510.483.5002 and can be found on the web at www.comicrelief.net

Anyone who feels strongly about the first amendment should conceder going as well.

top topics

join